Arrested for having sex with Chinese women?

Get advice on the dating and relationships scene

Arrested for having sex with Chinese women?

Postby Ozman1234 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:13 am

I was in China (Beijing) about 15 years ago for a few months, and, while there were foreigners having sex with (as distinct from dating!) Chinese women then, there was an element of danger about it, that you were one phone call away from being arrested, if the woman took it into her head to accuse the guy of doing something bad. (That can happen in any country of course, but back then there was a stigma of having sex with foreigners so always seemed more likely for the Chinese women to do if caught by her family)

Does that element still exist? Note that I'm not talking about dating government official's wives, or underaged women, or anything like that. Just the natural situation of going to a night club, meeting an attractive woman, and taking her back to your place for some consensual horizontal dancing.

I've read through this forum and it doesn't seem to have come up, so does that mean this particular fear no longer exists, at least in Shanghai? What about elsewhere in China, like Beijing?
Ozman1234
Newbie
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:52 am

Re: Arrested for having sex with Chinese women?

Postby Reebokk » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:28 am

Ok, hear.
First of all, prostitution is prohibited in China and prescription is imprisoning or "re-education" (google: camps). Sex out of marriage is ok, in case of close relations aka friendship, ets. So, if even been catched by police, the man and woman will be cross-asked about their names, date of begin of relation and other sensitivity questions. And so on.
If you never heard about same cases just mean what the law was not enforced, yet.
Good luck.
Reebokk
Talker
Talker
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:39 am

Re: Arrested for having sex with Chinese women?

Postby Ozman1234 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:14 am

Hi Reebokk, thanks for your response. I understand that sex between foreigners and Chinese is not illegal. My question is, are foreigners running a (non-medical) risk of any kind by having consensual sex with Chinese in China? If I go to a nightclub and meet someone who appears willing, then take her back to my place, are there any legal complications should that happen?

The reason I'm asking is that I might actually be posted to Shanghai or Beijing for an extended time in the near future. As I am currently single, I'm curious to understand what the situation is with regards to this topic. I doubt my company will be worried about me having short-termed relationships in China. However, if I am arrested for any reason (even jay walking!) it will be looked upon dimly.

If I run a real risk, however small, of being charged by a Chinese woman because her family finds out, then it might be best for me to pack it away while I'm in China. So I'd like to get the views of ex-pats who are there now.
Ozman1234
Newbie
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:52 am

Re: Arrested for having sex with Chinese women?

Postby hammerforlife » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:20 am

Ozman1234 wrote:Hi Reebokk, thanks for your response. I understand that sex between foreigners and Chinese is not illegal. My question is, are foreigners running a (non-medical) risk of any kind by having consensual sex with Chinese in China? If I go to a nightclub and meet someone who appears willing, then take her back to my place, are there any legal complications should that happen?

The reason I'm asking is that I might actually be posted to Shanghai or Beijing for an extended time in the near future. As I am currently single, I'm curious to understand what the situation is with regards to this topic. I doubt my company will be worried about me having short-termed relationships in China. However, if I am arrested for any reason (even jay walking!) it will be looked upon dimly.

If I run a real risk, however small, of being charged by a Chinese woman because her family finds out, then it might be best for me to pack it away while I'm in China. So I'd like to get the views of ex-pats who are there now.


Honestly when you come here and find out what actually goes on you will feel embarassed at even asking this question!
"Never believe quotations you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln
hammerforlife
StreetBeater
StreetBeater
 
Posts: 2237
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 4:30 pm

Re: Arrested for having sex with Chinese women?

Postby Magnolia » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:52 am

hammerforlife wrote:
Ozman1234 wrote:Hi Reebokk, thanks for your response. I understand that sex between foreigners and Chinese is not illegal. My question is, are foreigners running a (non-medical) risk of any kind by having consensual sex with Chinese in China? If I go to a nightclub and meet someone who appears willing, then take her back to my place, are there any legal complications should that happen?

The reason I'm asking is that I might actually be posted to Shanghai or Beijing for an extended time in the near future. As I am currently single, I'm curious to understand what the situation is with regards to this topic. I doubt my company will be worried about me having short-termed relationships in China. However, if I am arrested for any reason (even jay walking!) it will be looked upon dimly.

If I run a real risk, however small, of being charged by a Chinese woman because her family finds out, then it might be best for me to pack it away while I'm in China. So I'd like to get the views of ex-pats who are there now.


Honestly when you come here and find out what actually goes on you will feel embarassed at even asking this question!


too true!!!!!!!!
Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. - Mahatma Gandhi
User avatar
Magnolia
Board Biatch
 
Posts: 33744
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:11 am

Re: Arrested for having sex with Chinese women?

Postby Verbal Kint » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:02 am

The last thing you are going to be arrested for here is jaywalking, that's for sure!
User avatar
Verbal Kint
StreetBeater
StreetBeater
 
Posts: 2359
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:20 pm
Location: Shanghai

Re: Arrested for having sex with Chinese women?

Postby Magnolia » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:34 am

jaywalking with the intent of banging a local is a different story...

:D
Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. - Mahatma Gandhi
User avatar
Magnolia
Board Biatch
 
Posts: 33744
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:11 am

Re: Arrested for having sex with Chinese women?

Postby ATP » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:37 am

It amazes me that such ideas still exist amongst those who live outside China.

China has been placed under a microscope by the western world's media, & things have changed much in the fifteen years the OP was in Beijing (China). There's "nothing in the forums" about it? It is not that there's a shortage of material on the internet news about such things--on the contrary.

Despite all this, such views as that of the OP exist. Shows that you really have to live in a place for a sufficient time to know what's what--& that despite the plethora of information available about the place, it is still insufficient. The conclusion then is that the (Western )media brings attention to things, but doesn't inform.
"Going to Mcdonald's for a salad is like going to a prostitute for a hug."

(reader comment to article illustrating the food giant's "clever PR tactics" that "out-manoeuvre" its critics).
ATP
Fire-eater
Fire-eater
 
Posts: 2817
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 3:10 pm

Re: Arrested for having sex with Chinese women?

Postby yunnanexpat » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:59 am

ATP wrote:It amazes me that such ideas still exist amongst those who live outside China.

China has been placed under a microscope by the western world's media, & things have changed much in the fifteen years the OP was in Beijing (China). There's "nothing in the forums" about it? It is not that there's a shortage of material on the internet news about such things--on the contrary.

Despite all this, such views as that of the OP exist. Shows that you really have to live in a place for a sufficient time to know what's what--& that despite the plethora of information available about the place, it is still insufficient. The conclusion then is that the (Western )media brings attention to things, but doesn't inform.


This is true about much of what any given nation or culture knows or believes about other nations.

Almost everything most Americans know about China is simply wrong.
The Chinese are obsessed with North America being 'very beautiful' but by almost any other measure the USA is an undesirable place.

And so it goes...

A lot of it is due to movies, but much of it is, I believe, simply psychological and cultural projection of one nation's behavior onto another, rumour, myth and repeated falsehoods within any nation.

Many foreign men, for instance, have this notion that in the USA women are kind, friendly, easy and will hop into bed with you on an instants notice. This is the precise opposite of what American women are like in 2011. I have had conversations with these guys and they all say it is because of how women are portrayed in movies, but when I begin to cite examples they don't show what those guys think they show - their interpretation of the attitude portrayed in the movie is always wrong or omits that the guy is an uber-alpha - a very important aspect that normal men do not have.
Goodbye and good riddance to the regulars here at Shexpat.

I have never encountered a more rude, cruel, reading challenged group of people in all of my life. Calling you all 'arrrseholes' would be an insult to a-holes.
yunnanexpat
LoopKicker
LoopKicker
 
Posts: 983
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:21 pm

Re: Arrested for having sex with Chinese women?

Postby caso » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:16 am

When I moved to China (late 2005), several foreigners told me that it was illegal to live with a Chinese girl.
Btw, I never heard about anybody arrested or questioned about it.
It was probably a fake information, but many laowais seemed to believe it.
User avatar
caso
Veejay
Veejay
 
Posts: 2147
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:53 am
Location: JapanKoreaLand (hongmei lu)

Re: Arrested for having sex with Chinese women?

Postby superkim » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:38 am

caso wrote:When I moved to China (late 2005), several foreigners told me that it was illegal to live with a Chinese girl.
Btw, I never heard about anybody arrested or questioned about it.
It was probably a fake information, but many laowais seemed to believe it.

I've heard this too. There might have been some truth to this in the past.

On a similar note I've heard that if you cohabit with a woman in China long enough it might at one point in time (usually when it's breakup time) be declared a de facto marriage. I have read about cases like that: Foreign business men moving in together with local skanks and finding themselves in all sorts of trouble once it's time to let the biatch go.
User avatar
superkim
Fire-eater
Fire-eater
 
Posts: 2635
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:04 am

Re: Arrested for having sex with Chinese women?

Postby tylerdurden » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:01 am

superkim wrote:
caso wrote:When I moved to China (late 2005), several foreigners told me that it was illegal to live with a Chinese girl.
Btw, I never heard about anybody arrested or questioned about it.
It was probably a fake information, but many laowais seemed to believe it.

I've heard this too. There might have been some truth to this in the past.

On a similar note I've heard that if you cohabit with a woman in China long enough it might at one point in time (usually when it's breakup time) be declared a de facto marriage. I have read about cases like that: Foreign business men moving in together with local skanks and finding themselves in all sorts of trouble once it's time to let the biatch go.


Simple solution to that particular problem. YueYue them.







Irony alert
"yea shanghai is a sh*thole but a massive sprawling epic clusterf*ck of a sh*thole that is fun while it lasts.." (ultimatekrang)
User avatar
tylerdurden

Ground Zero

Board Royalty
Board Royalty
 
Posts: 6585
Mood: Happy
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:32 pm

Re: Arrested for having sex with Chinese women?

Postby gman12 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:32 am

Last year my wife and I stayed at a 4-star hotel in a third-tier city, Upon checkin, the receptionist told us that the local police might want to question us because my wife is Chinese. Luckily we brought our marriage certificate with us. I was going to make a fuss about it, but then I just let it go, because I knew it would not have changed anything.
gman12
Talker
Talker
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:52 am

Re: Arrested for having sex with Chinese women?

Postby Ozman1234 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:05 pm

All, thanks for your input! Good to know that things have changed since I was last there, so sounds like it won't be a problem, except for all the usual problems everywhere when meeting women. That leads to my next question, but I'll raise a new thread for that.
Ozman1234
Newbie
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:52 am

Re: Arrested for having sex with Chinese women?

Postby realtrueblue » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:10 pm

Some 4 months ago I went to such a second tier city in the south of China. On the airplane, I had a more than excellent conversation with a nice girl, she had a business there. Once arrived, I went to the local hotel, she went home. That evening, when she came to my hotel, we both went straight to my room. The receptionist of course noticed that. Half an hour later knock-knock: police at the door. Questions and angry faces. She could arrange it by referring to a friend in the local administration.
The day after, when we drove to a restaurant (in her car) we had a little accident. Police arrived (not the same as in the hotel) Strainge enough, the police knew about the story in the hotel.
Just gossip or am I in their records now ?
User avatar
realtrueblue
LoopKicker
LoopKicker
 
Posts: 886
Mood: Cool
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:11 pm

Re: Arrested for having sex with Chinese women?

Postby Reebokk » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:16 pm

^On-line records related to your passport and visa. And it's not Starbucks ;-)

PS: If been local you should got dibs (on 5k reds).
Last edited by Reebokk on Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reebokk
Talker
Talker
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:39 am

Re: Arrested for having sex with Chinese women?

Postby victorinchina » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:18 pm

Arrested for having sex with Chinese women?


I bet Jeff thought "Oh my fcuk!!???" when reading the thread subject...
findus: "We can create, philosophize, build and conquer until the cows come home, but a good set of boobs (i.e. all boobs) makes men's world go around. Such fcuking simple beasts."
User avatar
victorinchina

Git!

Board Viking
 
Posts: 19850
Mood: Cool
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:58 am

Re: Arrested for having sex with Chinese women?

Postby caso » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:19 pm

A hotel in cixi (close to ningbo) didn't accept me and my wife less than one year ago.
we didn't have with us anything showing that we were married.
User avatar
caso
Veejay
Veejay
 
Posts: 2147
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:53 am
Location: JapanKoreaLand (hongmei lu)

Re: Arrested for having sex with Chinese women?

Postby Reebokk » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:28 pm

In 2002 year (due SARS) i have been "caught" in hotel in Henan province, that was caused by receiving a call from my wife to hotel's phone. In 23.00, delegation content police, medics, administration and hotel workers "put up my room on the ears". But nothing and nobody was found, they sorried, and GTFO-ed. So I got what Henen is damned place. Later, one local parter in business said that this hotel have own girls and all the business well covered.
Reebokk
Talker
Talker
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:39 am

Re: Arrested for having sex with Chinese women?

Postby highlander » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:39 pm

realtrueblue wrote:Some 4 months ago I went to such a second tier city in the south of China. On the airplane, I had a more than excellent conversation with a nice girl, she had a business there. Once arrived, I went to the local hotel, she went home. That evening, when she came to my hotel, we both went straight to my room. The receptionist of course noticed that. Half an hour later knock-knock: police at the door. Questions and angry faces. She could arrange it by referring to a friend in the local administration.
The day after, when we drove to a restaurant (in her car) we had a little accident. Police arrived (not the same as in the hotel) Strainge enough, the police knew about the story in the hotel.
Just gossip or am I in their records now ?


The hotel was probably just angry that you were not going to use their "massage" services :lol:. One thing that adds to the misconception is that the wife/husband are much more likely to have different last names (since many wifes it seem keep their own family name) when registering at the hotel.
User avatar
highlander
PopStar
PopStar
 
Posts: 1018
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:46 pm

Re: Arrested for having sex with Chinese women?

Postby Juan_Tamad » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:32 am

Ozman1234 wrote:I was in China (Beijing) about 15 years ago for a few months, and, while there were foreigners having sex with (as distinct from dating!) Chinese women then, there was an element of danger about it, that you were one phone call away from being arrested, if the woman took it into her head to accuse the guy of doing something bad. (That can happen in any country of course, but back then there was a stigma of having sex with foreigners so always seemed more likely for the Chinese women to do if caught by her family)

Does that element still exist? Note that I'm not talking about dating government official's wives, or underaged women, or anything like that. Just the natural situation of going to a night club, meeting an attractive woman, and taking her back to your place for some consensual horizontal dancing.

I've read through this forum and it doesn't seem to have come up, so does that mean this particular fear no longer exists, at least in Shanghai? What about elsewhere in China, like Beijing?


Man, if this were true..more than half the expats will be in jail now...
YOU WILL ALWAYS BE REMEMBERED FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE I LIFE, AND NEVER REMEMBERED FOR WHAT YOU HAVE NOT DONE
User avatar
Juan_Tamad
Shanghai Royalty
Shanghai Royalty
 
Posts: 9287
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:39 pm

Re: Arrested for having sex with Chinese women?

Postby shanghaijim » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:55 am

Arrested ...no , should have used better judgement ...probably ....God , wish I could escape from this relationship ....priceless ....
" Welcome to Ride my Crazy Train.........All Aboard ....ha ha ha ha "
User avatar
shanghaijim
Rocker
Rocker
 
Posts: 628
Mood: Cool
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:50 pm
Location: Shanghai and parts unknown

Re: Arrested for having sex with Chinese women?

Postby tylerdurden » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:02 am

I sometimes fantasize about how life would be in this place if you had A-grade guanxi.

GF trouble? Invite her to a hotel. And then call your mate in the police department.
"yea shanghai is a sh*thole but a massive sprawling epic clusterf*ck of a sh*thole that is fun while it lasts.." (ultimatekrang)
User avatar
tylerdurden

Ground Zero

Board Royalty
Board Royalty
 
Posts: 6585
Mood: Happy
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:32 pm

Re: Arrested for having sex with Chinese women?

Postby Gay_Chevara » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:23 am

What, then spit roast her?


You sick ****!!!!
To Live and Die in Xujiahui
User avatar
Gay_Chevara
LaoLoser
 
Posts: 13524
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:38 am

Re: Arrested for having sex with Chinese women?

Postby rickettyrabbit » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:34 am

tylerdurden wrote:I sometimes fantasize about how life would be in this place if you had A-grade guanxi.

GF trouble? Invite her to a hotel. And then call your mate in the police department.


My wife and I did a four day trip through Guangdong with a company whose head of security was a former People's Republican Army officer. (I asked him about his job. He said it included managing relationships. (The company had several lucrative contracts supplying the army.)

We convoyed around in Lexus 430 SUVs to factories, but mostly to restaurants, tourist attractions, etc. At one point, we had to rush through Guangzhou because we were late for a Pearl River boat cruise. They drove 100 kph plus through Guangzhou, and everyone just got out of the way. When we arrived at our destination, we were on the wrong side of an 8 lane road and it was packed with traffic. The security chief got out of the car, held up a badge of some kind, and walked into the oncoming traffic. They all stopped, leaving a space for us to go through, and he waved our convoy across the road to the parking lot. Nobody honked, nobody tried to get through. They just waited until we were off the road. Meanwhile, the cruise boat, which held ~ 200, waited for us for our party of ~ 25 for at least 20 minutes.

At another location, our party checked into a hotel at a zoo/amusement park. I felt like a shower before dinner so my wife went down to join the others while I got cleaned up. While I was shaving, a pretty young woman unlocked the hotel room door and walked in. I was wearing only a towel around my waist. She said she had come to make sure the room was OK, and oh, did I want a massage?

That's my little taste of travelling business class with guanxi in Guangzhou.
Wabbit
"So many words simply to state what we already knew!"
Foxfyr
User avatar
rickettyrabbit

rickettyrabbit

Shanghai Royalty
Shanghai Royalty
 
Posts: 9697
Mood: Cool
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:35 am
Location: Chinese-free zone. No, wait - just looked at the wife.

Re: Arrested for having sex with Chinese women?

Postby Gay_Chevara » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:38 am

I went to Jiangsu with a friend and we checked into a hotel. I noticed that there was a glass wall between the bathroom and the bedroom. I asked my friend if his room had the same and he said yes. Then he told me that it's there so that as you are having a shower after 'massage' you can watch the girl to make sure she isn't helping herself to any cash lying around.
To Live and Die in Xujiahui
User avatar
Gay_Chevara
LaoLoser
 
Posts: 13524
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:38 am

Re: Arrested for having sex with Chinese women?

Postby btb » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:01 am

haha
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
User avatar
btb
Shanghai Royalty
Shanghai Royalty
 
Posts: 8934
Mood: Cool
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:22 am
Location: JingAn

Re: Arrested for having sex with Chinese women?

Postby Juan_Tamad » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:44 am

Gay_Chevara wrote:I went to Jiangsu with a friend and we checked into a hotel. I noticed that there was a glass wall between the bathroom and the bedroom. I asked my friend if his room had the same and he said yes. Then he told me that it's there so that as you are having a shower after 'massage' you can watch the girl to make sure she isn't helping herself to any cash lying around.



Most of the newer hotels are designed that way now.
They have venetian blinds that you raise up to see the bedroom when you are in the shower..
my thoughts then was it was a turn on thing to see your partner taking a shower while you are in the bedroom
YOU WILL ALWAYS BE REMEMBERED FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE I LIFE, AND NEVER REMEMBERED FOR WHAT YOU HAVE NOT DONE
User avatar
Juan_Tamad
Shanghai Royalty
Shanghai Royalty
 
Posts: 9287
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:39 pm

Re: Arrested for having sex with Chinese women?

Postby Cyril-C-B-C » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:55 am

Cyril Cave-Browne-Cave here,

Good morning ladies and gentlemen.

My goodness, that young lady ^ upstairs makes one think about the subject! HA!

Very interesting read, this! The prospect of sex with Chinese women is one of the main reasons I came to Shangers! There may be snow on the roof, but there's still fire in the furnace! HA!

Wonder if I could trouble you for an opinion, though. If one could be arrested for having sex with a Chinese woman, could it happen at one's own flat?? If a young lady were to visit one's apartment, say for a massage or "English acupuncture", (HA! my nephew told me that one!) is it likely one might attract the attention of the Chinese police?

Would be most grateful for your advice, as well as suggestions on how to proceed. I'm not in a great hurry, but at my age, procrastination might be fatal. (That was a joke! Hope you got it!)

Much thanks,

Best
Major-General Cyril Cave-Browne-Cave, Ret'd.
Escaping the chavs and WOGs who have over-run old blighty!
User avatar
Cyril-C-B-C
Lurker
Lurker
 
Posts: 29
Mood: Angry
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:08 am

Re: Arrested for having sex with Chinese women?

Postby braincracking » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:05 pm

Mhhh, I've traveled to many different cities in China with my gf(now wife), and never had the hotel 'issues' any of you mentioned before, could it be that there is more in the equation such as age differential, etc?

Just curious, sounds ridiculous to me that anyone would even try to call me out on sleeping with my own wife, that's my own business no? Although, I've been in China long enough to realize that in some farm town, this is probably entirely possible...
Trial and error... mostly error!
User avatar
braincracking

Caesium-137

Rocker
Rocker
 
Posts: 629
Mood: Happy
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:12 pm

Next

Return to Dating, Singles & Relationships

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests