Do you all think the Chinese cook rats and cats?

Postby potentiated » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:33 pm

You need to take a trip to Baton Rouge, Louisiana. They catch coon and 'possum and sell it from their garages.

Advice for Chinese visitors to the US: Never ever drive through the middle of Louisiana out in the boonies. If you do, make sure you have a full tank of gas and won't have to stop for gas. Because the people (I'm talking about the white folks) will rape you, your granddad, and your pet pig. I kid you not. Oh, and never drive through the American South with California plates.

Anyone who doesn't believe me, please watch the movie Deliverance, which has Burt Reynolds, Ned Beatty, and John Voight. To whet your appetites, I'd like to quote the following poignant line from the movie: "Boy, you sure got a pretty mouth."
potentiated
Barker
Barker

Postby SnappySammy » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:28 pm

potentiated wrote:You need to take a trip to Baton Rouge, Louisiana. They catch coon and 'possum and sell it from their garages.

Advice for Chinese visitors to the US: Never ever drive through the middle of Louisiana out in the boonies. If you do, make sure you have a full tank of gas and won't have to stop for gas. Because the people (I'm talking about the white folks) will rape you, your granddad, and your pet pig. I kid you not. Oh, and never drive through the American South with California plates.

Anyone who doesn't believe me, please watch the movie Deliverance, which has Burt Reynolds, Ned Beatty, and John Voight. To whet your appetites, I'd like to quote the following poignant line from the movie: "Boy, you sure got a pretty mouth."

I kid you Not...this may be the funniest post ever....
SnappySammy
Board Buddha
Board Buddha

Postby SnappySammy » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:31 pm

bloomark wrote:I admit omni-carnivorous habit except cannibalism can been seen in some particular parts of China, and the minor inhabitants take it as granted playing omni-carnivorous habit, but it is just somewhere minor in China not everywhere, the Chinese on large still stick to pork, poultry, marine product and sometimes beef as their only items of animal protein sources.

To be honest, I haven't seen someone eating cats or rats so far, neither myself nor through media. Can't imagine how the cats and rats taste! :shock:

Well for sure you have eaten cat and not ordered it.....Have you noticed that you seldom see any alley or stray cats roaming the streets in Shanghai.... :lol:
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.....
SnappySammy
Board Buddha
Board Buddha

Postby potentiated » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:10 am

I love cats. On an aside, do you guys know what inbreeding does to a human being? In case you're wondering, just watch Deliverance. They got this white kid who plays a mean banjo but his face willl make your blood curl. My sources tell me these people actually exist. Let me tell you, you don't want to be Chinese and running into them in the hills of Kentucky.
potentiated
Barker
Barker

Postby warz » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:18 am

Rats and cats are only consumed in the province named "Guangdong", the one next to hong kong. for 95% of the Chinese population, rats/cats are not food. As a Chinese, I would call it offensive if I am offered rats/cats as food.

However, when the cat is not anyone's pet, I don't see any problem if someone want to eat cat meat. It is not for me, but ok for me to see people eat cat. Cat is just cat, nothing different to pig/lamb/fish. Pet cat is a completely different story.

I feel sick about people who cry "oh, those chinese eat cats".

btw: I don't eat beef as I found cow is a kind of very peaceful and lovely animal.
warz
Reacher
Reacher

Postby warz » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:22 am

kangaroo meat also makes me feel sick
they have the meat of this lovely animal in every supermarket, dirty cheap.

in my country, kids go to zoos to see kangaroo, in aus kids eat kangaroo meat everyday.
warz
Reacher
Reacher

Postby Mrjazz » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:35 am

warz wrote:kangaroo meat also makes me feel sick

in my country, kids go to zoos to see kangaroo, in aus kids eat kangaroo meat everyday.

People eat monkey brain. (人吃猴子脑子)
Mrjazz
Barker
Barker

Postby warz » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:07 am

Mrjazz wrote:
warz wrote:kangaroo meat also makes me feel sick

People eat monkey brain. (人吃猴子脑子)

name any place in shanghai where I can get the monkey brain.

btw: are you chinese? why you know chinese?
warz
Reacher
Reacher

Postby Mrjazz » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:28 am

I read a lot of books, I found it "人吃猴子脑子" @ discovery magazine.
Mrjazz
Barker
Barker

Postby Mrjazz » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:30 am

I am using www.altavista.com English translate to Chinese.

check this out: http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_txt (I can translate any languages I want from altavista.com)
Mrjazz
Barker
Barker

Postby warz » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:42 am

monkey brain is only consumed in Guangdong.

I come from a typical family in Shanghai, the only non vegs we eat at home/restaurant are pork/fish/chicken/duck/beef/prawn, we even don't eat much lamb.

people in guangdong eat everything, even bugs, they are a group of aliens.

:)
warz
Reacher
Reacher

Postby bloomark » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:23 pm

SnappySammy wrote:
bloomark wrote:I admit omni-carnivorous habit except cannibalism can been seen in some particular parts of China, and the minor inhabitants take it as granted playing omni-carnivorous habit, but it is just somewhere minor in China not everywhere, the Chinese on large still stick to pork, poultry, marine product and sometimes beef as their only items of animal protein sources.

To be honest, I haven't seen someone eating cats or rats so far, neither myself nor through media. Can't imagine how the cats and rats taste! :shock:

Well for sure you have eaten cat and not ordered it.....Have you noticed that you seldom see any alley or stray cats roaming the streets in Shanghai.... :lol:

I have ever eaten tiger meat. No cat. :lol:
Never expect accountable tips from a bitter rum runner.
bloomark
StreetBeater
StreetBeater

Postby Havard » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:35 pm

Mrjazz wrote:I read a lot of books, I found it "人吃猴子脑子" @ discovery magazine.

bazarre stories always get attention
Havard
Reacher
Reacher

Postby bloomark » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:57 pm

I have heard some scary stories about "人吃猴子脑子," the plot in substance is that someone take a living monkey out from the cage and bring it to kitchen and chisel it on the head to dig a hole on the top of the skull and then penetrate a straw through the hole into the brain(scaring, sanguinary and sadistic). And the customer imbibe the bloody brain with the monkey still living moving.

I'm confused why those southern omnivorous don't go suck ****.
bloomark
StreetBeater
StreetBeater

Postby warz » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:25 pm

bloomark wrote:I have heard some scary stories about "人吃猴子脑子," the plot in substance is that someone take a living monkey out from the cage and bring it to kitchen and chisel it on the head to dig a hole on the top of the skull and then penetrate a straw through the hole into the brain(scaring, sanguinary and sadistic). And the customer imbibe the bloody brain with the monkey still living moving.

I'm confused why those southern omnivorous don't go suck ****.

:evil: the mentioned customer must be from northern part of China.
warz
Reacher
Reacher

Postby massiv » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:01 pm

potentiated wrote:Advice for Chinese visitors to the US: Never ever drive through the middle of Louisiana out in the boonies. If you do, make sure you have a full tank of gas and won't have to stop for gas. Because the people (I'm talking about the white folks) will rape you, your granddad, and your pet pig. I kid you not. Oh, and never drive through the American South with California plates."

Thank you for sharing your life experience with us.
massiv
Lurker
Lurker

Postby potentiated » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:24 am

You're welcome, my friend.
potentiated
Barker
Barker

Postby bloomark » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:42 pm

warz wrote:people in guangdong eat everything, even bugs, they are a group of aliens.

:)

They are not aliens. They are your Chinese fellows as they are to me. You need to rephrase when talking about your Chinese fellows from the way you did, they carry out something unacceptable to you and me sometimes though.
bloomark
StreetBeater
StreetBeater

Postby SnappySammy » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:33 pm

potentiated wrote:I love cats. On an aside, do you guys know what inbreeding does to a human being? In case you're wondering, just watch Deliverance. They got this white kid who plays a mean banjo but his face willl make your blood curl. My sources tell me these people actually exist. Let me tell you, you don't want to be Chinese and running into them in the hills of Kentucky.

Let me tell you..You don't want to be American and run them in the hills of Kentucky or anywhere else for that matter
SnappySammy
Board Buddha
Board Buddha

Postby potentiated » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:58 am

What about Brits? You think they would take a liking to Brits?
potentiated
Barker
Barker

Postby bloomark » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:23 am

potentiated wrote:You need to take a trip to Baton Rouge, Louisiana. They catch coon and 'possum and sell it from their garages.

Potentiated, how do you know that? Have you ever been there before?
bloomark
StreetBeater
StreetBeater

Postby potentiated » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:25 am

Several times. But without my pet pig.
potentiated
Barker
Barker

Postby johnnywill » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:33 pm

according to the violence portrayed by American movies, we must not visit some places of Texas either, and even New York.
johnnywill
Barker
Barker

Postby SnappySammy » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:27 am

warz wrote:Rats and cats are only consumed in the province named "Guangdong", the one next to hong kong. for 95% of the Chinese population, rats/cats are not food. As a Chinese, I would call it offensive if I am offered rats/cats as food.

However, when the cat is not anyone's pet, I don't see any problem if someone want to eat cat meat. It is not for me, but ok for me to see people eat cat. Cat is just cat, nothing different to pig/lamb/fish. Pet cat is a completely different story.

I feel sick about people who cry "oh, those chinese eat cats".

btw: I don't eat beef as I found cow is a kind of very peaceful and lovely animal.

I don't get it They eat C a T but they don't eat p u s s y
SnappySammy
Board Buddha
Board Buddha

Postby GeneralLi » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:22 am

Cat doesn't smell like rotten fish.
GeneralLi
Talker
Talker

Postby Chow » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:05 pm

scorpions is nice. tast pretty like shrimp
Chow
Lurker
Lurker

Postby Chow » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:40 pm

johnnywill wrote:
genghis wrote:In Western countries, there are certain animals we don't eat, because those animals are much more useful in other ways.

Dogs can be trained to do many different jobs: hunting, security, herding, and so much more.

Horses and Donkeys can be used for riding and farming, and were a key form of transportation for a long time.

Cats provided a service by ridding farm stores of pests and vermin.

So, in many western cultures, these animals have far greater value if they are alive and not on the dinner plate, so it is NOT the same type of behavior.

Livestock animals were raised specifically for food (cows, sheep, chickens, pigs, etc) while the "work" animals were bred for specific purposes (horses for riding, dogs for hunting, etc) and over time they became "companion animals", and these animals can be extremely loyal and great friends.

There are of course some people that get upset if you eat something "cute", but for the most part, I don't understand why you would eat something as useful as a dog or a horse unless there were no other options.

What an insight!
There's a saying Food Is Heaven in China that might explain their food craziness.

We don't eat the cute animal, but we do eat these not cute and delicious animal.

Please don't try to explain why we are doing this, or debate it is reasonable or not.

We are human being. On the one side,we are happy to express our kindness as human, on the other side, we despair to tasty meat as our mammal nature
Chow
Lurker
Lurker

Postby Chow » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:42 pm

johnnywill wrote:
genghis wrote:In Western countries, there are certain animals we don't eat, because those animals are much more useful in other ways.

Dogs can be trained to do many different jobs: hunting, security, herding, and so much more.

Horses and Donkeys can be used for riding and farming, and were a key form of transportation for a long time.

Cats provided a service by ridding farm stores of pests and vermin.

So, in many western cultures, these animals have far greater value if they are alive and not on the dinner plate, so it is NOT the same type of behavior.

Livestock animals were raised specifically for food (cows, sheep, chickens, pigs, etc) while the "work" animals were bred for specific purposes (horses for riding, dogs for hunting, etc) and over time they became "companion animals", and these animals can be extremely loyal and great friends.

There are of course some people that get upset if you eat something "cute", but for the most part, I don't understand why you would eat something as useful as a dog or a horse unless there were no other options.

What an insight!
There's a saying Food Is Heaven in China that might explain their food craziness.

We don't eat the cute animal, but we do eat these not cute and delicious animal.

Please don't try to explain why we are doing this, or debate it is reasonable or not.

We are human being. On the one side,we are happy to express our kindness as human, on the other side, we despair to tasty meat as our mammal nature
Chow
Lurker
Lurker

Postby SnappySammy » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:59 am

You guys eat everything and every part of everything...
SnappySammy
Board Buddha
Board Buddha

Postby blondesands » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:49 pm

which guys? :wink:
In Scandinavia, Danish people come from Denmark, the Norwegians come from Norway, and the Lapdancers come from Lapland.
blondesands
Low Seater
Low Seater

Mood: Cool

PreviousNext

Return to Shanghai Open Chat