Health check for 40 yr old Male

Health check for 40 yr old Male

Postby crivens200 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:52 pm

I haven't been to a doctor in over 20 years and now having turned 40 think it might be wise to go and get a health check. Does anyone know a good place to do this in Shanghai?

What sort of things should a 40 yr old get checked?
crivens200
Fire-eater
Fire-eater

Postby p1atl10 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:52 pm

I will leave the clinic recomendations to others. Not quioalified, never had any visits to one here.

tests?
You are not going to like this answer....get your prostate checked.
Recomended for any male over 35.
Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.....Dave Barry
p1atl10
Shanghai Royalty
Shanghai Royalty

Postby Bluebag » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:53 pm

It's time to meet Mr Finger...

[insert* scary "snapping" sound of latex glove being put on]
* Pun intended

Time for your prostate exam, Sir.

The worse one still is the dreaded colonoscopy.

Maybe it seems a bit early for that one, but if anyone in your family's had bowel cancer, it'd be a wise precaution.
Bluebag
LoopKicker
LoopKicker

Postby Snippets » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:31 pm

I can personally recommend that you do NOT have this done at Shanghai United Family Hospital because most of the equipment they use is ancient and come from, along with the technicians, the Chinese hospital they are attached to. I went there myself and my "stress test" (echocardio, etc) was a complete and total waste.

I then went to Global Health Care in Kerry Center, where I received excellent service in a very clean, modern environment with ultra-modern equipment. It was also nice having American & British physicians.

Their website is: www.ghcchina.com

My primary physician in Dr. Marcia Nelson.

Another option you may wish to give serious consideration is to get a very thorough and advanced physical in Thailand. You will be quite impressed with the very high quality physicians, equipment & facilities.
Snippets
PopStar
PopStar

Postby p1atl10 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:19 pm

Another option you may wish to give serious consideration is to get a very thorough and advanced physical in Thailand. You will be quite impressed with the very high quality physicians, equipment & facilities.

Which is why I do not have a history in Shanghai....Get it all done in Thailand.

But....did have an issue with my eye once, and went to the UFH at Kerry. Can also recomend them for thier equipment and professionalism of all their staff.

I saw and American Doctor who fixed me right up....then called me 2 days later to make sure everything was ok! That does not happen at home!
Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.....Dave Barry
p1atl10
Shanghai Royalty
Shanghai Royalty

Postby CoffeeHawk_0 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:21 pm

The western section at the Shanghai East Medical Center is good, Pudong Nan Lu and Pudong Da Dao roads. I've had full tests but never been anal probed. I thought I could wait until 50 for that.
CoffeeHawk_0
Board Deity

Postby SnappySammy » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:45 am

CoffeeHawk_0 wrote:The western section at the Shanghai East Medical Center is good, Pudong Nan Lu and Pudong Da Dao roads. I've had full tests but never been anal probed. I thought I could wait until 50 for that.

Yes you can wait until your 50, however if you enjoy it, think of all the time you wasted.
SnappySammy
Board Buddha
Board Buddha

Postby jeffinflorida » Wed May 07, 2008 9:16 pm

p1atl10 wrote:You are not going to like this answer....get your prostate checked.
Recomended for any male over 35.

Where to go to get this done by a qualified doctor....?

Mine hurts....
Who would have thought that a girl who is a hooker would be a hooker... In China of all places?!?
jeffinflorida
Board Legend
Board Legend

Return to Health Care