Hot springs ?

Anything travel related in and out of China

Hot springs ?

Postby fox007 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:24 pm

Hi,

I wonder where are the best places for hot springs activities ? I have heard about Xiamen or wuyi ??!!

Anyone who have been want to tell us how it is ?

Thanks
fox007
Reacher
Reacher

Mood: Sad

Postby MIexpat » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:29 pm

in fact we just returned from Guangdong where we visited three different hot spring resorts- there are quite a few hot spring resorts within easy travel of Shanghai and we have been to a number of them- Sanya (3), Wuyi, Longsheng, Emeishan, Xiamen, Qixianling, Zhuhai (2), Longmen; Beijing has a few we have not yet made it to, Nanjing has at least one and Ninghai has one as well

of all we have been to the Yuwenquan Resort in Zhuhai is the ultimate in hot spring facilities, lodging and food- their attention to detail is incredible but their website unfortunately does not have an English version www.00800.com.cn; our only complaint was chabei was less than satisfactory

Riyuegu in Xiamen is well worth the trip- each room has its own private indoor pool and the lodging/food is top quality; massage was good; www.riyuegu.com; bookable through ctrip

we regularly head down to Wuyi's Tang Feng Hot Spring (there are at least three other resorts in the area but in our check of them this one appears to be best)- I cannot seem to find their website but reservations can be made through ctrip; their newly expanded hot spring facility is top notch as is their massage, their lodging isn't Riyuegu or Yuwenquan but they have recently renovated and are trying… our only complaint is the food which is terrible; overall the stay is immensely satisfying, incredibly relaxing and well worth the trip (our pedal-to-the-metal driver can make the drive in 3 hours)- another plus is Tang Feng is relatively inexpensive- an average room for two with two hot spring tickets and two breakfasts runs less than RMB 500 (non holiday); they also have deluxe rooms with private pools that are not that much more expensive

over Christmas we discovered the Paradise Rainforest Spa in Qixianling (Hainan) – another resort booked through ctrip; spectacular venue, villa lodging is great – again private pool but outside, hot spring facilities not as extensive as others above but still okay, great food with local flare, didn't have time to try massage but the facilities looked good; overall a nice tropical retreat… www.hainanparadise.com

this is just a quickie review of our top 4 of the 11 we have been to– I can give the rundown on the others later if requested

cheers!

on a similar note - if you don't mind nudity and are looking for a soak in hot deep water followed by chabei and massage why not use one of Shanghai's public baths? an afternoon/evening at one is a nice relaxing escape...
MIexpat
Reacher
Reacher

Postby fox007 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:12 am

Thanks a lot for this very good information.

Can I ask you one more question : Xiamen or Wuyi seems nice for a week-end trip as the other ones are a bit far away, I wonder if it is better to go there only in spring or summer. Are all the facilities outside ? As we have never been to hotsprings, we do not know how does it works ? is it open/recommended for small kids around 3/4 years old ?
fox007
Reacher
Reacher

Postby denny007 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:55 am

denny007
Barker
Barker

Postby fox007 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:16 pm

I did not know that there were hotsprings there !

I would be interested more about this place since the only time I have heard about it, it was from friends who found it overpriced and pretty uninteresting.
fox007
Reacher
Reacher

Postby denny007 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:25 pm

At least so they claim on their www:
Sunisland offers a wide range of facilities such as 30 lane driving range with lake system, Golf Pro shop, spa and hot spring

I have been there invited from TNT, got RMB 800 worth of coupons to spend there, did archery, riding a horse. As I got the coupons I thought the coupons value is inflated, if I should pay it in cash it would be really very expansive.
denny007
Barker
Barker

Postby DragonAss » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:48 pm

outdoor hotsprings??
DragonAss
Rocker
Rocker

Postby waingro » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:38 pm

The closest and best options are Ninghai in Zhejiang near Ningbo(5 hrs away) and Tangshan outside Nanjing city(4 hrs away). They both have many hotels with different options. CTRIP runs weekend trip packages.
waingro
Barker
Barker

Postby Josiechen » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:31 am

We are okdealclub which organize hotspring trip in the winter time please check our website www.okdealclub.com for more details!
Josiechen
Reacher
Reacher

Postby jay_dee » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:13 am

The Sanya Nantian Hot Spring Resort and Spa was wonderful.
All stone pools are outside, water temperatures vary from 35C ~ 50C.
Had a few custom pools (coffee, coconut, tea, fish).
I would not recommend these high temperatures for children under 10.
jay_dee
Post Roaster
Post Roaster

Mood: Angry

Postby didarx79 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:54 am

I second Riyuegu in Xiamen. There are two different parts of Riyuegu, the resort/ hotel, and the hot spring park, across the street from each other. We didn't stay at the resort, but instead, we stayed in town because we wanted to explore other parts of Xiamen. Riyuegu offers shuttle bus from center of town to the Hot Spring Park for about 20rmb/person. The ride is about 40 mins from town. We took the 4:40pm shuttle from town, and left Riyuegu around 8pm. You cannot stay in hot springs for too long anyway.

Each person pays an entrance fee, then you could use all the hotspring pools in the park. The park has so many different types of pools, there were scented ones like different types of flower, tea, herbs, wine... then the standard ones such as steam, individual pool, pool with different levels of temperature. Then there are other things you need to pay extra for, such as massages, food, fish therapy pool where little fish eats off your dead skin.

We went there on a cold day, but once you've had your first dip in hot spring, you'll be warmed up and won't feel cold at all walking around outside, just make sure that your robe and towel stays dry. At Riyuegu, you could rent a robe for 10rmb. Or use a free towel to wrap yourself, which you can replace for fresh towels everywhere in the park.
didarx79
Barker
Barker

Postby woshinidaye » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:50 pm

i heard that the hotspring in Nanjing is good too
woshinidaye
Squeeker
Squeeker

Postby Traminer » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:56 am

Any resorts within daytrip distance from Shanghai? What's this hotspring in Nanjing
Traminer
Reacher
Reacher

Postby edbreejen » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:02 am

Hotspring near Nanjing is Tangshan. Quite ok facilities, but can be crowded on the weekends. 2 hrs by high-speed rail + 40 mins by taxi. Check Chinese websites for special deals. Facilities are outside, so pretty cold in winter
edbreejen
Raver
Raver

Postby Josiechen » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:48 pm

Yeah okdealclub will organize a hotspring trip in New Year Holiday, feel free to join us then!
Josiechen
Reacher
Reacher

Postby ramsey » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:48 pm

I'm probably going to spell all the names wrong, but there's a nice hot spring spa resort in Jiangsu province called Yushui. My wife and I went there a while back and had a great time. They have 30 different medicinal-herbal-aromatherapy pools, saunas, swimming pools, a "kissing fish pool", gorgeous scenery, very earthy with lots of plants and
canopies. Very cool place.

Sorry I don't have detailed directions on how to get there.
Live simply. Give much. Expect little.
ramsey
PopStar
PopStar

Mood: Happy

Postby fWerrF » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:33 pm

Don't know if Kunming is known for hot spring, but had very good experience with a large establishment there.
fWerrF
Wonder Wit
Wonder Wit

Postby BoaoInn » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:32 pm

QiongHai has the best hot springs on Hainan Island..Guantang Hot Springs
As strange as it may seem, my life is based on a true story
Boao Inn B&B
Boao, Hainan, China
www.hainan-letsgo.com
BoaoInn
Seeker
Seeker

Postby JinglingT » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:46 pm

the best probably is in dongbei changbaishan (northeast china, changbai mountain) area, where u can dip in the hot spring and enjoy the beautiful snow scenery...
JinglingT
Reacher
Reacher

Postby Josiechen » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:27 pm

ramsey wrote:I'm probably going to spell all the names wrong, but there's a nice hot spring spa resort in Jiangsu province called Yushui. My wife and I went there a while back and had a great time. They have 30 different medicinal-herbal-aromatherapy pools, saunas, swimming pools, a "kissing fish pool", gorgeous scenery, very earthy with lots of plants and
canopies. Very cool place.

Sorry I don't have detailed directions on how to get there.

Yushui Hotspringis a new resort and it is really good but The shortage is its pretty new and not all of the hotspring pool are ready for the visitors, the Yishang Hotspring Resort in Nanjing is more well known with more fun, the price is similiar, we are going to organize a group trip there in 2nd -3rd Jan. for hotspring and Nanjing City tour, 550rmb including transporataion, resort ticket, hotel and 2 meals, check the details here http://okdealclub.ning.com/events/ok-de ... -year-2day
Josiechen
Reacher
Reacher

Postby disconbobulated » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:02 pm

Tong Ren Lu! A Farewell to Kings Tour, right now!
disconbobulated
PopStar
PopStar

Return to Travel