How far is New Gubei District to Downtown??

How far is New Gubei District to Downtown??

Postby beanbeangirl » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:39 am

:lol: I am a newbie to Shanghai who will be interning at a law firm near Ren Min Plaza. I plan to stay in the New Gubei District but want to know how far it is/how long it would take me to travel in rush hours from New Gubei District to Ren Min Plaza. Any metro close by?? I am not so sure about taking public bus since they always seem to be so crowded. Is it possible for me to arrange a pick-up plan with a local driver? If so, how much? Should I just take taxi? I am confused!!
beanbeangirl

Postby Angie » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:23 am

approx 10km. You could take a taxi to Loushanguang Lu Metro, then jump in the metro and get off at Peoples' Square after 5 stops (should take you 12 minutes on the tube). You you could ride a bicycle to the metro. There might be also 1-2 buses from Gubei New District to the metro (but taxi or bike would be more convenient).
Angie
Raver
Raver

Postby yu888 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:48 am

Actually there are closer Metro stations than LouShanGuan Lu station, probably WeiNing Lu Station. But i would agree that you may consider riding a bike to the metro sttation then taking Metro Line 2 into Peoples Sq, or alternatively, there are many buses that run along Yan An Rd.

Total commute time in traffic though is probably going to be an hour each way door to door regardl;ess of which method you use, with the bike/metro/walk option being likely the fastest.
6 years of experiences, good, bad ugly... and survived.

My Blog
yu888
Board Legend
Board Legend

Postby Lotta » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:07 am

Slightly off topic, but is there a better / faster way to Huai hai road, from Gubei, rather than take the 911 bus ? Its very difficult to get taxis during the rush hour.. it seems there is no convenient metro line, have to go up to peoples square and then change to line 1 ?
Lotta
Reacher
Reacher

Postby yu888 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:32 am

Ride a bike/ scooter? take a motorcycle "taxi"?
6 years of experiences, good, bad ugly... and survived.

My Blog
yu888
Board Legend
Board Legend

Postby beanbeangirl » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:43 pm

great! I think my starting location will be Huangjicheng Road and Gubei Road...will get a bike when I get there...I love to bike anywayz! Thanks guys for all of your responses! However, there are bike parking near Metro correct?
beanbeangirl

Postby Angie » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:14 pm

yes, for a push bike it will cost you 0.5RMB per day - don't leave your bike at the metro station in the late evening - otherwise it's gone.
Angie
Raver
Raver

Postby beanbeangirl » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:19 pm

Angie wrote:yes, for a push bike it will cost you 0.5RMB per day - don't leave your bike at the metro station in the late evening - otherwise it's gone.

You mean rental? I am thinking about buying one from Carrefour.
beanbeangirl

Postby TopEastie » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:22 pm

beanbeangirl wrote:...will get a bike when I get there...I love to bike anywayz!

Hehehe.. how cute. So innocent.

Word of warning, be careful riding... it can be bloody insane, and scary and slightly traumatic (it becomes fun after a day or two though). But if you are really unlucky, people will be staring at you so much because you are a Western female riding a bike they'll totally stop watching where they are going and will run into you.

At least it will give you a chance to practice your language skills though as they try to apologise.
TopEastie
Reacher
Reacher

Postby asifali007 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:20 pm

Shanghai Metro Introduce, Bike Rental Scheme Bike Rental Scheme in Shanghai

The Metro, working with a local bike company, yesterday morning started a bike rental scheme at Line 2's Zhangjiang High-tech Park Station.

It is a trial for what is hoped will be a citywide scheme offering bikes for rent at Metro stations all over Shanghai.

By 2012 there will be bikes for rent at 800 Metro stations and 2,700 rental sites inside business and residential buildings.

Tens of thousands of commuters go through the Zhangjiang High-tech Park Station every day to work at the Zhangjiang High-tech Park or the Pudong Software Park.

Bikes are the perfect green and cost-efficient vehicles for people to use to commute between work and the Metro station. Before you can rent a bike you have to pay a 200-yuan (US$28) deposit and the rental runs at between 1 and 3 yuan per hour. The longer the bike is kept the rental rate increases to encourage people to return bikes as quickly as possible.

If you keep a bike for 24 hours it will set you back 60 yuan.

Commuters who buy one of the 150-yuan prepaid year cards can have the first 30 minutes' rental for free each time.

The Shanghai Forever Bicycle Co, which is supplying the bikes, has fitted GPS devices to them all so they can track them. But if a commuter has his bike stolen he will lose his deposit.

Return spots have been set up inside

Further Information :

Contact us at ;

www.asifali007.jimdo.com
asifali007
Squeeker
Squeeker

Postby mimina100 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:31 am

I suggest you make a plan to live in Jinqiao Biyun District and Centry park nearby
mimina100
Seeker
Seeker

Postby nuthatch » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:13 pm

If you are starting at Gubei/ Huangjincheng you can get the 158 bus from Gubei/Lanbaoshi Lu (the next road to Huangjincheng Dao). This stops right outside Weining Lu metro station. You can then take line 2 downtown. Very easy.
nuthatch
Talker
Talker

Return to Shanghai Open Chat