I am currently working in Singapore and my company has plans to reallocate me to Shanghai. Have been browsing and surfing around many sites for information with regards to compensation packages, rentals, tax issues, etc. Hence am wondering if you guys can help me out here.
1) Understand that the standard of living may have moved up over time, but would be a comfortable income living in Shanghai?
2) What is the average rental package being offered to expats in Shanghai? My company is asking me to scout around for some estimates. Our office is located in Yuan An East Road, Huangpu District. Thus would probably be looking for an apartment around the area. Any estimates?
3) Tax in China is much higher than Singapore. How are you guys coping with this?
4) Would I suffer due in terms of CPF contributions?
5) What are the documentations that I would require before going over or visa applications?
Apologies for the long list, but really appreciate any assistance.
Thanks and Happy Holidays.