Orthodontist Recommendations

Postby networkrus » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:04 pm

Sorry to bring this old post up but I need help on this. Are there any other choices of orthodontists in Pudong these days? Thanks.
networkrus
Squeeker
Squeeker

Pure Smile-Jinqaio

Postby ericrierson » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:48 pm

I am looking for information (good or bad) on Puresmile in Jinqaio. This is close to where we live so the convenience would be good if the quality is good.
ericrierson

Postby rrwhite » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:25 pm

All my 3 kids see the orthodontist in Puresmile and we are very happy with him. We got his name from our orthodontist (back home in Boston) who recommended him highly. We live in Jinqiao and all our kids go to Dulwich - so its very convenient for us to bring the kids to Puresmile either during their lunch time / free periods or afterschool. A lot of kids at Dulwich see him for this reason I think. He speaks fluent English and is US board certified.
rrwhite
Lurker
Lurker

orthodontist in shanghai

Postby ellarik » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:37 pm

Hi, I was just wondering, did anybody hear from New York Dental Clinic?
We also have to continue dental work on my 2 daughters. They seem quite able. Both kids are halfway done, but we had to pay the same high amount as we paid in Japan for the whole treatment from start to finish..... so we have to pay double actually.... Are they that good?

Difficult to locate other good ortho's. Arrail took a look and we were out in 3 minutes: I do not know this system. Cannot help you, whereas our dentist referred us to them by name and address as being known to the system...
Guess that is also a problem, that they do not want to finish other people's work...

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Ella
ellarik

Postby tnmom » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:02 am

We are in the same situation - back in the US looking for someone to continue the treatment that was started in Shanghai. I thought it might be helpful to pass along the assessment of the work we had done by Dr Martin Reyes. We had two consultations with orthodontists here in Michgian and both thought that the work was good. They noted that the brackets he uses are ones they used 10 years ago but that they do the job - it just takes a little longer than the more modern systems (one place uses "Sure Smile" a computerized system and the other uses "Damon" brackets). They were both willing to continue working with the braces that are on her teeth and finish up in 5 -6 months which is pretty significant since I had expected them to want to replace everything with their own system. Of course this will cost us - at one place more than we paid for the entire package in China and at the other about half what we paid in China. Something to consider if you think you might have to move in the middle of treatment. We thought we had enough time but didn't allow for the months when Dr Martin's visits to Shanghai fell during our vacation and we missed appointments.
tnmom
LoopKicker
LoopKicker

Postby ai0322 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:42 pm

rrwhite wrote:All my 3 kids see the orthodontist in Puresmile and we are very happy with him.

Hi rrwhite, do you know how much the cost for othodontics treatment at Puresmile ? Thanks.
ai0322
Squeeker
Squeeker

Postby GirlatWork » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:43 pm

Can those of you who have had braces done list out the prices at those practices? And what about this Taiwanese run clinic called ai man di? Are they good?

A more fundamental question: when do you know if your child need braces? When she has 14 teeth up and down?
GirlatWork
Rocker
Rocker

Re: Orthodontist Recommendations

Postby aronssonullrich » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:22 pm

Hi, Our family is moving to Shanghai in April and my oldest son has had braces for about 6 months and will need ongoing treatment for at least another 12 months. Can anyone recommend a good orthodontist? Thanks
aronssonullrich

Postby jodiegillies » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:10 am

i am also interested in recommends...but we arent in Pudong(as all the dentists listed here seem to be!)and dont have insurance for this so price guides would be great.
jodiegillies
Raver
Raver

Postby SHATrail » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:58 pm

If anyone has received any information please let me know.

I've been searching for an orthodontist for 6 months and have visited various places. Expect similar US pricing IF not more expensive for english speaking and/or western style dental care facilities. Furthermore, be very very aware that sometimes orthodontist may not be able to do the needed work for X,Y, or Z but will not let you know outright. Saving face here is a biggie! I was strung along for a while until I talked to my local friends about it.
SHATrail

Postby curiosity » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:34 am

SHATrail wrote:If anyone has received any information please let me know.

I've been searching for an orthodontist for 6 months and have visited various places. Expect similar US pricing IF not more expensive for english speaking and/or western style dental care facilities. Furthermore, be very very aware that sometimes orthodontist may not be able to do the needed work for X,Y, or Z but will not let you know outright. Saving face here is a biggie! I was strung along for a while until I talked to my local friends about it.

Hi there,

Did u finally find any info on orthodontists here in Shanghai. My son needs braces and I can't decide where to take him in Pudong. Any recommendations?
curiosity
Seeker
Seeker

Postby miniloulou » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:21 pm

So did any of you find a good orthodontist, preferably in Pudong ?
miniloulou
Lurker
Lurker

Postby Qubao » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:30 pm

Download an APP named "China hospital finder", it can help you
Qubao

Postby shikeqi » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:03 pm

Hi everyone. I've already got braces in Europe and now looking for a good orthodontist in SH for the monthly check ups. After reading this forum I've made a list of clinics that were recommended by the members of this forum and contacted one of the clinics already (pure smile). I was told that monthly check ups would cost me 1800 RMB. Could someone please tell me if it is a realistic price? I personally feel like it's way too much - such treatments would cost me around 50-70 British pounds in London...would appreciate someone's input on this. Thanks
Knowledge is power.
shikeqi
Squeeker
Squeeker

Postby kingofswing » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:12 am

My partner wants to get braces here in Shanghai. Parkway Health quotes us 50,000.00RMB which I believe is way too much. I would appreciate it if one of you guys can give me a rough cost estimate from your experiences.

Thanks,
King of Swing
kingofswing
Talker
Talker

Postby shikeqi » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:42 am

Hello again, I am still waiting for the answers and would really appreciate if someone took the time and effort to reply to my questions. I should schedule an appointment with any of those clinics/doctors sometime next month, so it would be good to know what to expect. I got replies from most of the clinics that monthly check ups would cost me from 1800 to 2500 RMB, which is really A LOT.
Knowledge is power.
shikeqi
Squeeker
Squeeker

Postby Chumbomundo » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:41 am

If that is the information you've been given by the clinics you contacted, expect to pay that price. Shanghai is not a cheap city for many things, especially for services that are not as common in places like London.
Chumbomundo
Seeker
Seeker

Postby shikeqi » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:50 am

I understand your point but I would like to hear from others and what they have paid (i.e. personal experiences). It may sound ridiculous but I don't trust Chinese and especially when it comes to quoting prices that are not listed anywhere: they might apply double standards and etc. Besides, those were the expensive clinics, so I am hoping that there might be a less "fancy" clinic (yet qualified) that applies fair charges. Thanks for the response anyway :)
Knowledge is power.
shikeqi
Squeeker
Squeeker

Previous

Return to Health Care