Chat in China's biggest English language forum.
Receive our weekly
newsletter.
Find an apartment or rent
yours out.

Join the Shanghai Expat Community!

*   *  captcha
refresh
  Receive our weekly newsletter.   I agree with the Shanghai Expat Terms of Service.  
Register   or   Sign in
CLOSE X
Email or username:
Password: Forgot your password?

3 lovely puppies that were almost "lunch" / free adoption

Pet care and animal adoptions

3 lovely puppies that were almost "lunch" / free adoption

Postby alevasquez72 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:44 pm

Hello!

These 3 small and lovely puppies are approx. two months old and are all male. They are active, playful, sweet and social. In terms of their health they seem perfectly fine, but they have not been vaccinated yet.

Last week an Italian gentleman saved them from a man who offered him these puppies as "lunch” near a subway stop.

Him and his wife will be leaving China on February 29th, so they really need to find good safe homes for them before that date.

The contact person is Valeria, her mobile number is 139 1706 0896 and her email is: valeria.c1970@yahoo.it

If you are interested in providing a loving home to any of these fluffy puppies, please contact Valeria.
Thank you very much!
Attachments
puppies 1.JPG
puppies 3.JPG
puppies 4.JPG
Last edited by alevasquez72 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alejandra Vasquez Delama
Paw Pals Animal Rescue (PPAR) / Non-profit
Volunteers are always welcome at the PPAR Shelter.
Adoption days every Saturday and Sunday at the PPAR shelter.
alevasquez72
LoopKicker
LoopKicker

Re: 3 lovely puppies that were almost "lunch" / free adoptio

Postby tango1119 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:43 pm

Are the cute puppies still available? Especially the brown and white mixed pups.
tango1119
Seeker
Seeker

Postby alevasquez72 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:04 pm

Hello!
Yes, they are still available.
I received this message from the rescuer today and he still has all the puppies with him.
You can ask about them by calling or sending a message to Valeria (she is the wife of the rescuer).
Thanks.
Alejandra Vasquez Delama
alevasquez72
LoopKicker
LoopKicker

Postby alevasquez72 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:24 pm

Hello!
I am very happy to announce that already 2 out of these 3 puppies have been adopted.
There is just one left ... waiting for a forever loving home!
Alejandra Vasquez Delama
alevasquez72
LoopKicker
LoopKicker

Postby alevasquez72 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:50 pm

Hello everybody!
This afternoon Valeria told me that the last available puppy was adopted ... so all of them have their own caring homes!
Excellent!
:)
Alejandra Vasquez Delama
alevasquez72
LoopKicker
LoopKicker

Postby Chavster » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:33 pm

Not to wee wee all over this happy ending but doesn't anyone see the "Circle of Life" thing going on here?
Some puppy mill owner just figured out that if they drop the word lunch a bleeding-heart foreigner will buy all their stock to "rescue" them. So instead of selling them off one at a time to locals they can just drop the lot to someone who passes them on to a rescue group. They reach the eventual "buyers" the money flows and everyone is happy. It's well known that these disreputable middle-men hang around metro stops.
" Once, it was I who stood in the big, cold schoolroom, a hot crumpet burning my cheeks with shame. Since that day, I have been busy every hour God sent, working to become Prime Minister and fight sloth and privilege wherever I found it."

- Pitt the Younger
Chavster
Low Seater
Low Seater

Postby etc » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:27 am

Echo Chavster here. I see these guys all the time, particularly around Longyang station. I always struggle because the puppies are so cute, they're clearly cold, and likely to have been taken from mom too soon. But you also know if you buy them, it just encourages these people even more. So what to do. . .
etc
Reacher
Reacher

Postby Chavster » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:58 am

Don't under any circumstances buy puppies from these guys. It's just cruel and inhumane. You might save one dog but cause another 10 to go through a short life of pain and misery. These guys couldn't operate if people didn't buy their wares.
" Once, it was I who stood in the big, cold schoolroom, a hot crumpet burning my cheeks with shame. Since that day, I have been busy every hour God sent, working to become Prime Minister and fight sloth and privilege wherever I found it."

- Pitt the Younger
Chavster
Low Seater
Low Seater

Postby alevasquez72 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:44 pm

I know the topic as well as you do, however, if a couple of nice people "new in town" tries to help these 3 particular puppies ... why not to help them? (what is done is done)

I have been living here several years and I know about the puppies, bunnies, etc that ruthless people try to sell in the streets ... but that does not mean that everybody knows.

What it is important is to spread the word about this ... so no more innocent animals and people will get caught in this horrid circle.

But, like I said, what is done is done already ... so I am very happy that these 3 puppies are ok after this particular ordeal!
Alejandra Vasquez Delama
alevasquez72
LoopKicker
LoopKicker

Return to Pets