Chat in China's biggest English language forum.
Receive our weekly
newsletter.
Find an apartment or rent
yours out.

Join the Shanghai Expat Community!

*   *  captcha
refresh
  Receive our weekly newsletter.   I agree with the Shanghai Expat Terms of Service.  
Register   or   Sign in
CLOSE X
Email or username:
Password: Forgot your password?

Rock climbing shop

Here you can discuss sports leagues, gyms and work out routines

Rock climbing shop

Postby sminchnz » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:53 am

Hi,

I'll be passing through Shanghai soon and need to find a store that sells rock climbing gear - cams and other protection are at the top of the list, and new shoes that don't smell like something dead would be great too. I've found a few names of stores on the web but wasn't sure if these places even exist (Ozark Gear Climbing Centre, Freemont Outdoor Equipment, and White Wave Outdoor Sports).

Can anyone recommend a store or two?

Any help appreciated!

Steve
sminchnz

Postby maestro2007 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:43 pm

Try the stores located at the same places as the indoor climbing walls. There is one store (SanFo) on the east side of Tianyaoqiao Lu across from the Shanghai Outdoor Stadium. They've sealed up the stadium pretty tightly but it shouldn't affect the store as it is across the street.

There are a few other stores near the climbing wall at HongKou Stadium. Closest to the Line 3 exits.

There must be other stores but I've actually seen some stuff at those places.
maestro2007
Reacher
Reacher

Postby sminchnz » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:10 am

Cheers, mate - will do!

Steve
sminchnz

Postby kb03 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:49 am

hey,

I had the exact same question, weird.

can anyone else provide more information on name and location of sports stores that sell rock climbing gear (harness/ climbing shoes etc)?? and how much will it be cheaper than the UK?

Also, anyone tell me the name and where the indoor climbing walls are located in Shanghai, (and Suzhou if possible), and how much it costs?
kb03

Return to Sports