Chat in China's biggest English language forum.
Receive our weekly
newsletter.
Find an apartment or rent
yours out.

Join the Shanghai Expat Community!

*   *  captcha
refresh
  I agree with the Shanghai Expat Terms of Service.  
Register   or   Sign in
CLOSE X
Email or username:
Password: Forgot your password?

Hope of last minute CNY travel specials

Discuss travel in and out of China

Hope of last minute CNY travel specials

Postby pawre » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:57 am

Hi, I know I know, didn't book anything to get out of China for Chinese New Year. Just wondering anyone had success with booking a good deal last minute? How last minute was it? And who/where should I check with?

Many thanks!!
pawre
Lurker
Lurker

Re: Hope of last minute CNY travel specials

Postby Dr.Glitz » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:58 am

Why not stay here? In my humble opinion Shanghai is at it's best when half the population (if not more?) leave it. Quiet roads, better air, few queues - ahhh....bliss.
I myself am leaving but I spent the last couple of CNY's watching TV box sets and eating out at relatively quiet restaurants. Absolutely fantastic.

Dr.G.
Dr.Glitz
Barker
Barker

Re: Hope of last minute CNY travel specials

Postby Mel69 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:50 pm

+100 the doctor is correct it is the best time to be in SH , just stay away from the bund .
I have spent the last 3 years here without an issue , this year I will go back to Europe for work which is good as it gives me extra days to take holidays in a more sensible time of the year like October , November , March , April low seasons with good prices and less crowds ....
Stress , Confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living shirtout of some idiot A H who desperately requires it

Friends are like condoms .....they are supposed to protect you when things get hard ....
Mel69
Veejay
Veejay

Return to Travel