Chat in China's biggest English language forum.
Receive our weekly
newsletter.
Find an apartment or rent
yours out.

Join the Shanghai Expat Community!

*   *  captcha
refresh
  I agree with the Shanghai Expat Terms of Service.  
Register   or   Sign in
CLOSE X
Email or username:
Password: Forgot your password?

Invisible Braces

Invisible Braces

Postby Celso » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:47 pm

Looking into getting some braces - love to have them as invisible as possible. Quite shocking how expensive they are.

Have got a quote from DDS for 38000 rmb for invisalign from what i understand this could take from 1 yr up to 2 yrs but this way the costs could also vary

Does anyone have any experience with this here in Shanghai or does anyone have any other clinics which are as good for less.

I have no dental insurrance so will have to pay myself

any help is appreciated thx
Last edited by Celso on Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Celso
Reacher
Reacher

Postby 8lrr8 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:08 pm

take a look at kowa dental.
8lrr8
Fire-eater
Fire-eater

Postby lilirj » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:35 pm

I few months ago I had a dental consultation and they quoted 25K RMB for the invisalign.
lilirj
Squeeker
Squeeker

Postby patisimiss » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:53 am

hey all, i am physician recommending a dentist to all. i have my braces treatment with Dr. Sheila So of New York Dental Clinic and she has been very professional and very helpful, explaining step by step the process that i am supposed to go through. She is a graduate of New York University and she got her Post Graduate diploma in orthodontics at NYU too. i highly recommend her to all of you intending to do or continue your braces. if you have question about braces, im sure she wont mind you emailing her at nydentalclinic@gmail.com or you can call their clinic at 6278-1181
patisimiss

Postby DDS » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:07 am

Advertisment like above , :oops: take a look at DDS Dental Care in Shanghai , www.ddsdentalcare.com or call 68760409. :wink:
DDS

Postby Celso » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:12 pm

Kowa Dental is great - perfect service
Celso
Reacher
Reacher

Postby schanghaiexpat » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:49 pm

i recall that invisalign is not licenced in china.
so please make sure they are not selling you whatever under that brand name (there is a chinese ''copy'' on the market thought) ....

maybe celso can share his experience with the invisible china made braces?

thanks a lot! :D
schanghaiexpat
Lurker
Lurker

Postby miss-tsips » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:33 pm

has there been any further recent updates on invisalign??

i would love to have it!
miss-tsips
Barker
Barker

Postby Celso » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:27 pm

Can tell a bit about my experience with Kowa - not sure if its branded as invisalign but it looks and does exactly what invisalign does. Am now 6 months in and the top of my teeth are almost completely straight - the bottom will take a bit longer.

Treatment costs 35000 rmb but if you pay 16000rmb upfront and become a platinum member you will get a 15% discount on all treatments - so i works out as 29000rmb and a bit

They take pics and make a mold of your teeth - sent this to Beijing where these things (trays) are being made, you wear them for 2 weeks for about 20-22 hours a day until you change to new tighter ones. Slightly uncomfortable in the beginning and you will have a slight lisp which will disappear with the next trays once you get used to them. Teeth will move quite fast depending on your situation and will be a little painful in the beginning, first week you won't wanna bite in apple

I go to Kowa every 6 weeks, where they check the progress and clean and make room for the teeth to align properly - every six weeks i get 3 new sets.

My Dentists is a woman Olivia Huang who very kind and patient and very precise - no complaints. Facilities are 5 star.

What i've learned is that the first 3 days of your new tray it hurts the most especially if you need to take them out to eat, my trick is to put a new set in before i go to bed so you get a good 8 hours of not having to remove them, the next day it won't be so bad.

Oh and expect to become an expert at dental hygiene. You're teeth will move and separate to make space for the others to align but that means once the spaces are bigger any piece of food will get stuck there. I was never a huge fan of flossing now i do it 2 to 3 times a day, using those little brushes, mouth water and extensive brushing. Guess that's not a bad thing

That's all i can tell you , if you've got anymore questions let me know
Celso
Reacher
Reacher

Postby miss-tsips » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:48 am

Wow!! That sounds like great news!! My top teeth are only slightly crooked but the bottom are changing as Im getting older.
Are you able to provide me with contact details of the person responsible for fixing your teeth?
Thanks so much for the great insight!!!
ALso - would you say the 29000 has been worth the service you have been recieving?

Kind Thanks
miss-tsips
Barker
Barker

Postby Celso » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:57 pm

Its Kowa dental - 5108 2222
My dentist is Olivia Huang guess you can call her too 13636303357

Best thing is that really no one can see them and you can take them out to eat and clean your teeth as opposed to the full metal outfit which is stuck and visible. Its a lot of money of course but that's what it costs - service is great and i get what i want so to me its worth it.
Celso
Reacher
Reacher

Postby vx » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:50 am

do you know if the price is different for the full set vs. just the top OR bottom? I would want to try it, even though it sounds painful :/
vx
Barker
Barker

Postby Celso » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:19 am

Not sure but think you can only do the full set - its a fixed price. Some people take longer than others but price stays the same.

It's not painful just for the first few weeks after that you're used to it
Celso
Reacher
Reacher

Postby hollyberry » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:46 pm

I wonder the same thing...any cheaper if you only need bottom done for example? My top teeth are perfect. Bottoms are more crooked than the federal reserve. Anyone have updates on that? Also do they make your lips stick out like regular braces do?
hollyberry

Postby Celso » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:32 pm

pretty sure they only do both top and bottom - but you can always check with various places that offer it. Maybe the regular metal ones you can choose to just the bottom

they don't make ur lips stick out - you won't see or feel them - its all very thin and smooth
Celso
Reacher
Reacher

Re: Invisible Braces

Postby zee_lee » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:41 am

hye orthodontist,
I am glad to tell you that I the invisible braces is no more far and not to be very expensive now, it can be made and treat under one roof,
its method of manufacturing is very easy and very cheap as compared to other companies like invisilign, invisilign time angel, clear path etc,
so for more deatils and information please contact
qq no= 2818433919 or
email= yaochao66@126.com
zee_lee

Return to Health Care