Where to buy food supplements (protein powder, cell mass)

Here you can discuss sports leagues, gyms and work out routines

Where to buy food supplements (protein powder, cell mass)

Postby Dnns » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:51 pm

Just moved to Shanghai and joined One Wellness (great gym, good machines, very clean).

Question:
Where to buy food supplements (protein powder, cell mass) in Shanghai - in shops or online?
Dnns

Postby ramsey » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:02 pm

Last edited by ramsey on Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Live simply. Give much. Expect little.
ramsey
PopStar
PopStar

Mood: Happy

Postby emerson » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:18 pm

Try both. Prices can vary--considerably. I buy my protein powder--imported from the US--on Taobao.
emerson
LoopKicker
LoopKicker

Postby kungfusilas » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:38 pm

Yes, we have the full range of supplenments and bars. If you buy on Taobao, be carefull. There is no telling where the stuff is mixed and rebottled. Plus, the chinese have been known to add thier own twist on powders here. Lots of scandels.

I import the supplements from Norway and do so in bulk to keep the prices reasonable and at the same time, ensuring the quality. I have quality forms from tests ran on the product I sell and 0 trace impurities. Means the stuff is what it is supposed to be.

152 21 29 0931 Silas
WWW.SaiRuiMMA.COM Where you come to get fit and learn to defend yourself as well. Many martial arts options available!
kungfusilas
Barker
Barker

Postby ABCinChina » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:03 pm

I think Whey is too expensive here. When I go to China, I usually bring a few tubs.
ABCinChina
Reacher
Reacher

Postby tennesseeinchi » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:24 pm

Pick it up in HK if you are there. Its half the price
tennesseeinchi
Seeker
Seeker

Postby SoFarSoGood » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:56 pm

check out http://www.bbasupplements.com/cart.php they are providing good service.
The fate of all mankind I see Is in the hands of fools. King Crimson - Epitaph
SoFarSoGood
PopStar
PopStar

Postby IndigoMoon » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:19 pm

I think there is also a place in Hong Kong Plaza
IndigoMoon
Squeeker
Squeeker

Shanghai Nutrition

Postby ismhmr » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:47 pm

You can visit my site at www.shanghainutrition.com and I will delivery to you for free the same day. All products are imported from overseas.

You can contact me through the site.
ismhmr
Squeeker
Squeeker

Postby International PT » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:26 pm

i sell all sorts of supps too. check out my site. let me know if you have any questions on prices.
www.internationalpersonaltraining.com

ramsey, you sell protein fabrikkin? living norway that stuff is expensive. i'd love to know how you can get that into china at a competitive price. i couldn't even afford it when i lived in oslo. i had to drive to sweden to buy my swedish or british supps as they are much better priced.
International PT
Seeker
Seeker

Postby International PT » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:29 pm

if you looking for big bags of protein i sell them too. 15kg bags of isolate or concentrate unflavoured. very cost effective
International PT
Seeker
Seeker

Postby ramsey » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:45 pm

Last edited by ramsey on Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Live simply. Give much. Expect little.
ramsey
PopStar
PopStar

Mood: Happy

Re: Where to buy food supplements (protein powder, cell mass

Postby brospore » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:03 am

internationalPT - are you still in Shanghai, what are your prices on WPI and WPC? Is the source Chinese or imported?

What other supps have you got lines on?
brospore
Lurker
Lurker

Postby Celso » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:46 am

Check out this guy:

http://www.bodybuildingsupplementscn.co ... spx?key=a6

Otherwise just type in what you're looking for on taobao bit cheaper

Like this one for example but there are many:

http://store.taobao.com/shop/view_shop- ... a95b3f.htm
Celso
Reacher
Reacher

Postby brospore » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:13 am

the Optimum Nutrition gold standard whey 5 lb tub is very cheap on Taobao (it's only 285 rmb for 5 lbs which blows away most prices for what other people are posting, and this is a great brand for whey), seems suspect since it's not much more than what I pay for it when it's on sale minus my 10% gnc member discount in the US, then again that's discounted off of full retail so it's possible the Taobao person is making a little margin if they are getting it wholesale, but with the cost of importing I don't see how they can do it.

I'd rather get bulk 100% pure WPC or WPI, and be assured of its source as well. Flavor is not so much of an issue.

I'd also be interested to try Chinese domestic whey, don't know the price or quality, prefer melamine kept to a minimum, don't want it to exceed 5% by weight.
brospore
Lurker
Lurker

Re: Shanghai Nutrition

Postby brospore » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:22 am

ismhmr wrote:You can visit my site at http://www.shanghainutrition.com and I will delivery to you for free the same day. All products are imported from overseas.

You can contact me through the site.

Your site would be more informative if it had the nutritional information for each product, specifically the PF whey items, as in how many grams per serving, how many servings per package, how many grams of each macronutrient per serving. it would also be nice if you listed if it is WPC, WPI, and for the WPI what type.
brospore
Lurker
Lurker

Postby kungfusilas » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:38 am

1000g Whey Protien 250 RMB
3000g Whey Protien 650 RMB

Creatine 300g 500 RMB
Protien Bars 20 RMB
Carb Loader 1000g 200 RMB

I sell all PF Products imported from Norway at the best price. I can get any PF product at the lowest price.

Please call 15221290931 to order.
WWW.SaiRuiMMA.COM Where you come to get fit and learn to defend yourself as well. Many martial arts options available!
kungfusilas
Barker
Barker

Postby _ray » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:10 pm

Do any of you order unflavoured protein in bulk? Any source for that in China online? Taobao?

Thanks.
_ray
Talker
Talker

Postby International_ PT » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:58 pm

i'm back now. i have sources for all sorts of supps. yes you can get a good price if you shop around and i sometimes can't beat the locals that buy big bulk orders. let me know if there is something specific you're after and i can source it for you. both over and under the counter
International_ PT
Lurker
Lurker

Postby traveler2 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:12 pm

Why would you want to waste your money in supplements? Out of all the useless supps out there, the only decent thing is waxymaize. As for whey, there are so many brands and all of them overpriced, that it is useless too.
don't cry for me
traveler2
LoopKicker
LoopKicker

Postby International_ PT » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:25 pm

fair enough traveler. once again your preference for supps over rides anyone elses opinion. i guess we should all just drink milk post work out and wait 4-5 hours for the digestive enzymes to break it down for absorption within our cells where along with the ribosomes can form new muscle cells on the rough endoplasmic reticulum. as a hydrolysed isolate would be a waste of time. especially one that is unflavoured, sold in 20kg bags from the cheese factories and works out around 160rmb a kilo
International_ PT
Lurker
Lurker

Postby mcflyinshanghai » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:11 pm

I guess there probably are decent health supplements but before you do buy any of these, suggest a bit of basic research before shelling out 500 kuai on placebos. Just google the active ingredients, ignore any website that is trying to sell you something, and find out if there is any science behind any of the claims made by your super-duper wonder-pill (wikipedia, whilst not without flaws, is generally a decent place to start)

At a guess, probably 90% of the things advertised on the websites above are likely to be no better than sugar pills - if we could buy healthiness off the shelf, i imagine we would all be a bit thinner and better-looking
mcflyinshanghai
Barker
Barker

Postby huaidan » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:52 pm

you underestimate the placebo effect..
huaidan
Rocker
Rocker

Mood: Cool

Postby mcflyinshanghai » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:05 pm

you underestimate the placebo effect..

I'm all for the placebo effect, just not at the prices Shanghai's charlatans charge for it!

The one thing worse than ignorance is preying on it
mcflyinshanghai
Barker
Barker

Postby International_ PT » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:58 pm

i agree with a lot of the supps on the market you are paying dor a lot of either dextrose or some basic aminos. i don't suggest you take the advertising for face value. but i also said OTC aswell as UTC supps. living in china is not unlike thailand. but for certain 100% guaranteed to give you growth supps the prices here are very affordable
International_ PT
Lurker
Lurker

Postby traveler2 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:29 pm

International_ PT wrote:fair enough traveler. once again your preference for supps over rides anyone elses opinion. i guess we should all just drink milk post work out and wait 4-5 hours for the digestive enzymes to break it down for absorption within our cells where along with the ribosomes can form new muscle cells on the rough endoplasmic reticulum. as a hydrolysed isolate would be a waste of time. especially one that is unflavoured, sold in 20kg bags from the cheese factories and works out around 160rmb a kilo

No, i say its overpriced, you can buy bulk whey for half the price one from ON and its just the same, and out of the 100+? productos offered these days, how many are actually usefull?

Oh wait, dont tell me you recommend glutamines for "fast recovery"...
don't cry for me
traveler2
LoopKicker
LoopKicker

Postby International_ PT » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:46 pm

no i recommend 100mcg igf lr pwo followed by hydro whey, bcaa, dextrose AND GLUTAMINE for good measure
International_ PT
Lurker
Lurker

Postby traveler2 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:48 am

International_ PT wrote:no i recommend 100mcg igf lr pwo followed by hydro whey, bcaa, dextrose AND GLUTAMINE for good measure

It seems to me that you might think i have something against you (which is of course not true, i have no beef with anybody here, why would i right?), i might be wrong, but if thats the case, i would like to clear it now, for real.

Now as for glutamine,thats one good example about a useless supplement.
Some say that 50-100gr is "the right" dose for some "real" muscle "recovery".
Some say glutamine pre-during-post workout is the way to go along with creatine, for "serious" muscle recovery.
Some say glutamine post workout is the way to go.

Im pretty sure you know about this (i have never denied it) but truth is several medical studies (you can use google to read more about this) do not support this believe that glutamine will help in muscle recovery or anything else unless you have anemia, where glutamine does play a key role and the use of it is with no doubt, necessary. Others say it helps also if you suffer of chron's disease, but i havent read anything about it.

Others say the problem is ORAL glutamin itself, and the list goes on.

Just to mention one study, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entre ... t=Abstract "We conclude that glutamine supplementation during resistance training has no significant effect on muscle performance, body composition or muscle protein degradation in young healthy adults."

Cant deny i did try glutamine in the past, just like the average joe rat at the gym right? but sorry, it didnt work for me, nor any other person i know, and no surprise the reason years late, backed by medical studies.

In the end, all the good things get banned, and those which dont work, are sold OTC.
don't cry for me
traveler2
LoopKicker
LoopKicker

Postby traveler2 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:53 am

As for the igf, i say the way to go is with norditropin nordilet, 3 ui/day to get the madonna looking!!!!!

just joking ;)
don't cry for me
traveler2
LoopKicker
LoopKicker

Postby jimwhite » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:14 pm

Try http://www.fueled.cn.com ,I just ordered some stuff from them.The service is prompt and the price is good since their products are imported from HongKong.Would recommend.
jimwhite

Next

Return to Sports