UK pensions - QROPS (Tax Savings)

UK pensions - QROPS (Tax Savings)

Postby happyhendry » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:05 pm

Hi All,

Just done this and share advise, if good enough for David Cameron and his buddies then good enough for you guys.

If you have a pension in the UK over 40k and are working overseas, you can offshore this via Isle of man and then not be subject to inheritance tax (55%) or the highest income taxes in the world in UK. You can also pass pensions onto children, not only your misses, also take a 30 per cent tax free sum earlier at 55.

This is a HMRC approved scheme and been going since 2006, so all legit and seems a no brainer to myself to plan better for my daughter.

Now when first looked into this a company called Dever group called me, but did research and they are crooks who will take 7 per cent fees from my pot so told them to jog on. Seems the cheapest and best firm was Oscar Winson who take 0.9 fee's and guy does investment portfolio and usually gets 10-12% return and they have been working with expats in hong kong since 1966 so seems genuine long term relationship - over commission robbers. Personally i would leave the UK if England won the world cup so fair enough time to go to Hong Kong.

I have a brochure i can send if you PM me, the guy comes and does a 30 minute review. Tries to sell life insurance also, but need no 1m pound incentive for in laws to end me so declined.

Anyhow beware that Dever group cold calling, found a Panorama on youtube they robbed a blind guys pension. But if you like the idea of saving inheritance tax and not paying more tax its a safe scheme in my opinion.
My agent was called David, i can pass e-mail or number if you like. He comes out and visits you and no harm to look into saving taxes and stronger financial planning for kids future. As an accountant i only offer advise and be careful crooks taking massive commission as no point moving pot if some agent takes most, even if you make money in market you are up against it if some agent taking massive fees out each year. Compounded in long run means a big difference in the end, also 55% inheritiance tax seems a crap present for dying from UK government. So better my kid gets it all and can buy a horse to make up for my loss and soon forget me over lots of cash and stuff. lol

Anyhow no poet or salesman, so spelling police GYRTF. Only trying to help friendly expats, save money and not get robbed. Getting robbed in China is a daily risk for expats, lol
Hakuna Matata
happyhendry
Reacher
Reacher

Re: UK pensions - QROPS (Tax Savings)

Postby crivens200 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:50 pm

happyhendry wrote:. . . . they have been working with expats in hong kong since 1966 so seems genuine long term relationship. Personally i would leave the UK if England won the world cup so fair enough time to go to Hong Kong.

Haha. Are they Scottish? That day in 1966 still haunts me and I wasn't even born! As McGlashan says, if I had a time machine I'd go back to 1965 and shoot Geoff Hurst.
crivens200
Low Seater
Low Seater

Postby chingiskhan » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:52 pm

crivens200 wrote:
happyhendry wrote:. . . . they have been working with expats in hong kong since 1966 so seems genuine long term relationship. Personally i would leave the UK if England won the world cup so fair enough time to go to Hong Kong.

Haha. Are they Scottish? That day in 1966 still haunts me and I wasn't even born! As McGlashan says, if I had a time machine I'd go back to 1965 and shoot Geoff Hurst.

Scottish? With a name like Hendry? Oh wait ....
chingiskhan
Board Legend
Board Legend

Postby happyhendry » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:09 pm

Stephen Hendry, snooker - Scottish also but no relation.
Hakuna Matata
happyhendry
Reacher
Reacher

Postby happyhendry » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:50 pm

Oh the company is not Scottish but Hong Kong/London, just the 1966 hitting my braveheart button.
Hakuna Matata
happyhendry
Reacher
Reacher

Oscar Winson

Postby exambeet » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:51 pm

Last edited by exambeet on Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
exambeet

Postby Shanghai Noob » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:18 am

I couldn't be bothered to read all the bollocks you spouted, but this David guy sounds like a complete wank-stain.
Shanghai Noob
FooJay
FooJay

Return to Shanghai Open Chat