- a) how safe was tap water.
- b) what was the best solution to drinking water and using water in food preparation and
- c) what were the best solutions for home filtration for safe healthy drinking water.
i wound up with more questions than answers and adopted a few practices and products i abide by. this such an important topic i finding it difficult to believe i left it at that. many months have gone by and i hoped readers might be able to enlighten me further.
briefly, i read that
- a study (cant recall details) had shown high incidence of stomach cancer in shanghai and some suspect the water.
- that the tap water is more a risk for the by products of purification than the contaminants it originally contained.
- pure distilled water is actually harmful over time as it is devoid of needed minerals / elements.
- bottled water (large bottles) varies in quality eg some are actually sourced from lakes/springs as apart from being purified.
- some of the older parts of town use piping that are likely to still contain contaminants from before 'purification' of water started.
- more recently i heard that the mouth ulcers sometimes come from using tap water for cleaning teeth, i know people who actually drink the tap water.
anyway i would be grateful for further information on this