Married in US, Divorce in Shanghai?

Married in US, Divorce in Shanghai?

Postby msawyer » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:14 am

Hello,

I (US Citizen) married a Chinese citizen in the US. She is unable to return to the US due to USCIS status issues.

Is it possible to get divorced easily in China if our marriage was not performed in China?

I truly appreciate any help you can offer. Thank you!!
msawyer

Re: Married in US, Divorce in Shanghai?

Postby condesa » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:48 am

msawyer wrote:Hello,

I (US Citizen) married a Chinese citizen in the US. She is unable to return to the US due to USCIS status issues.

Is it possible to get divorced easily in China if our marriage was not performed in China?

I truly appreciate any help you can offer. Thank you!!

I'm not a lawyer BUT it is my understanding that you need to file for divorce in the country you married (legally) because that is where your marriage license was filed.
You need to talk to a divorce lawyer (in US) to see if there is a way that she can get the divorce without having 'physical' presence in the country, for example: what happens if she gives 'power of attorney' (not sure if this is possible for divorce) to a friend or a lawyer that can 'represent' her interests without her been present other option 'could' be the US Embassy here, however I don't know if Embassies can deal with divorce matters (you will need to check).

Obviously if you have kids or lots of assets to divide it will get waaaay more complicated.

There must a loophole (there is always one) but only a lawyer will know this (that is why you pay them a 'little' fortune/ hr) :P .

Best to you !!!!
condesa
Fire-eater
Fire-eater

Postby p1atl10 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:07 am

Married in the US means you have you have to gt divorced in a US State Court.
Usually in the State you were married in.

Physical presence is not a requirement as long as paperwork can be properly notarized and presented to the court.

If it is not amicable, could be a long and bloody road though...
Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.....Dave Barry
p1atl10
Shanghai Royalty
Shanghai Royalty

Postby p1atl10 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:35 pm

^ Took two years, including the mandatory 6 month waiting period mandated by CA, for mine....
Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.....Dave Barry
p1atl10
Shanghai Royalty
Shanghai Royalty

Postby msawyer » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:04 am

Thank you all for the responses. I checked California's website, and it said:

Based on the information you entered...
You can't file for divorce in California right now.

To get a divorce in California, you or your spouse must have lived in:

California for the last 6 months AND
one of the California counties for the last 3 months.

Does this still apply even if we were married in California but have been living abroad?
msawyer

Postby p1atl10 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:02 am

^ The ex-and I lived in CA for 15 months before being moved to Singapore. Where we got divorced.

Step One was petitioning the State of CA to allow us to use their court system for the divorce, as we were no longer technically a resident of any state. That done.....Divorce papers filed.

Consult a lawyer in CA
p1atl10
Shanghai Royalty
Shanghai Royalty

Postby OU812 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:21 am

That sucks, so how does this work? You can't get a divorce? Hire someone to rub her out?
OU812
Reacher
Reacher

Postby gman12 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:48 am

I am sorry that your marriage didn't work out. I don't think you'd need to get the divorce in the US. From your description, it looks like your wife still has her residency in China? I believe the Chinese legal/court system can process your divorce as long as one person in the marriage has residency in China. If you and your wife are still on speaking terms, I'd suggest you to ask her to check with the local civil service department (the one that takes care of marriages/divorces) where her residency is.

Some words of advise, some money under the table could go a long way in simplyfying a complicated process in China.
gman12
Talker
Talker

Postby dsugg » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:58 am

Divorce is expensive.... because it is worth it.
dsugg
PopStar
PopStar

Postby p1atl10 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:26 am

^....Erm.....WRONG.

Got divorced in a CA court while I resided in Singapore and the future ex-Mrs P1ATL10 was a resident of Florida.

As I stated before OBO (Oh Blind One)....as I was not a resident of ANY state, I petitioned the State of California for permission to use the CA Court systems for the divorce, ...as CA was the last state in the US in which I had resident status before I moved to Singapore.
p1atl10
Shanghai Royalty
Shanghai Royalty

Postby Patric123 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:08 pm

Does not matter where you were married. You can file for divorce in the United States in the state you have established your residence. For California at least one of the spouses needs to be living in the state for 6 months and at least 3 months in the county you will be filing. China will recognize a USA divorce. Only complication would be that CA will not divide any property acquired during the marriage that is kept in China.
Patric123

Postby rickettyrabbit » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:32 am

^ Curly hair has nothing to do with it.
Wabbit
More than 6,000 Terra Cotta warriors, and reportedly no two are alike. IOW, no copies! My, how things have changed in China!
rickettyrabbit
Board Legend
Board Legend

Location: Chinese-free zone. No, wait - just looked at the wife.

Postby catur » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:55 pm

My ex-wife and I were married in USA, and divorced in Shanghai in 2007. We were both US citizens, but both had resident permits here in Shanghai. It takes some time, and you cannot have any disagreements over anything, or the court won't accept the case. We had all property division (USA and China), visitation rights, child support, etc detailed in the decree (was in Chinese and English). The US consulate validates the divorce decree (I may be using the wrong term). Except for in the pocketbook, mine was pretty painless.
My ex has since remarried in USA, and I didn't need to do any further paperwork after 2007.
catur
Rocker
Rocker

Postby elmaviki » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:35 am

hahaha, any other people tried him? why the same user posting so many
elmaviki
Seeker
Seeker

best love spell caster contact , drayamatagaspirits@gmail.co

Postby Lovespell » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:04 pm

I am Alicia I want to use this golden opportunity to appreciate the great spell caster called :drayamatagaspirits@gmail.com for helping me get back my relationship with my ex lover when he ended and turned his back on me for quite a long period of time.:drayamatagaspirits@gmail .com performed a spell for me and within 48 hours after the spell had been cast i receive a call from my ex saying that he is sorry for hurting me and that he will not do such thing to me in his life again, I was surprised but later accepted him back. Anyone that is in the same line of problem or having difficulties in there marriages or any part of life should contact email :drayamatagaspirits@gmail.com website:http://ayamatagahomeofspell.blogspot.com
Lovespell

Postby Lovespell » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:06 pm

My name is Stanley, special thanks to this great man and his great spirits of love for restoring joy and happiness back into my love life. Now am so happy that my girlfriend is back into my hands again, all thanks to Dr Ayamataga.Contact Ayamataganow on:drayamatagaspirits@gmail.comwebsite:http://ayamatagahomeofspell.blogspot.com
Lovespell

Postby Lovespell » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:07 pm

My name is Victoria. I want to testify of this great spell caster known as Ayamataga. This man is truly a real and great spell caster indeed. He brought my ex lover back to me just within 24hours This man is real.Contact him now;drayamatagaspirits@gmail.com
Lovespell

Postby Lovespell » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:12 pm

My name is Lewis. I want to say a big thank you to Ayamataga for bringing my ex back to me.I can't still believe that finally my ex is back to me. All thanks to Dr Ayamataga and his great spirits of love.Ayamataga contact email address is:drayamatagaspirits@gmail.com
Lovespell

Postby Lovespell » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:13 pm

CONTACT THE GREAT VOODOO SPELL CASTER FOR INSTANT DEATH SPELL AND ALL KIDS OF SPELL EVER NEEDED. THANK YOU THE GREAT VOODOO DOCTOR FOR THE DEATH SPELL YOU CAST ON AN EX FOR ME. AM REALLY GRATEFUL. MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS YOU AND YOUR HOUSEHOLD. HIS EMAIL;drayamatagaspirits@gmail.com website:http://ayamatagahomeofspell.blogspot.com
Lovespell

Postby Lovespell » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:14 pm

Hello, My name is JOY. I want to thank Dr Ayamataga for what he has done for me at first i thought he was a scammer until i just decided to follow my mind.i told him that my ex lover which i loved with all my heart left me for another. All Dr Ayamataga did was to laugh and said he will be back to me in 3days time i taught he was lying on the 3rd day my ex called me and said he wanna see me,i was shocked then he came over to my place and started begging
that he was bewitched,immediately i forgive him and now we are back and he is really madly in love with me.All thanks to Dr Ayamataga In-case you wanna contact him here is his mail ;drayamatagaspirits@gmail.com website:http://ayamatagahomeofspell.blogspot.com
Lovespell

Postby CassieTiffany » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:18 am

Genuine online spell cater on urgent love spell to get your ex back, fix your broken marriage and stop divorce happylovespell2@gmail.com is the best dr to help you and restored back your happiness
I just found out about my husband cheating on me with a co-worker! We’ve been married going on two years. 2kids. lots of amazing momments together. i want to leave, but i love him so much. all i can think about is how nothing stopped him. how he has to see her everyday because they work together. we are both still young and very attractive. but i want my husband, my friend, and the father of my beautiful children. how do i get past the thought of another woman having my husband? Not my fiancé, not my boyfriend, but my husband! i still love him even though he thinks i want to leave i really want him to do better and stop me before i walk out! my husband told me that he doesn’t feel loved anymore, just because of this co-worker he has be cheating on with me that he wants a divorce, i was devastated, heart broken i begged him to listen to me that we can work it out like we always do, but he didn’t listen, he told me that he met someone that loves and understands him, i begged him to consider our kids but he’s did listen. he left and i was frustrated, i began searching for help and answers, then i heard about a man that can Cast a spell to remind him of all the things we have been through together, at first I was scared then i decided to give it a try, and like magic my husband came back, apology and begging for forgiveness, thanks to this man, I’m posting this to help people with
similar issues. You can contact him for help too. happylovespell2@gmail.com or call and add him of on whatsapp number: +2348133873774
CassieTiffany

Postby moeshawalter » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:13 am

Am writing this comment with a grateful heart. to testify of my dealing with dr. aziz. a vodouists , who helped to save my marriage. My beloved husband had no time for me and the kids, he pays more attention to his mistress than he do to his own wife and kids, sometimes i would want to file for divorce but after contemplating on it , i would change my mind because i don't want my kids to have a broken family. i was out of idea on how to make my marriage a happy one, so i thought of getting spiritual help, because the spiritual actually controls the physical. i had to check online for a spell caster to help me save my marriage, but i did not get any useful solution for all they where after was my money. i almost gave up on everything and just keep enduring all the pains my husband was causing me.on one faithful morning i had a call from my mom , and i told him about my predicament , on how my husband sex starve me, and pay no attention to the kids, then she came up with my very last idea on contacting a vodouist , this time she directed me to a man called (dr Aziz) on azizspiritualhome@gmail.com , i contacted him, and he told me not to even worry he will handle it, he sent some materials for me and how i should use them, surprisingly i saw changes in my husband after 3 night of doing as he instructed me. it was like a miracle,in fact it was a miracle, i never knew my husband to be romantic , until after casting the vodou spell, he said he was not in his right mind was even begging for forgiveness . it was all funny to me at first but later i realize that it was the work of the vodou spell was working.
moeshawalter

Postby Realspell » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:48 pm

I have to share my testimony to the world because i don't know who it might be helpful to. I know my comment is not related to the discussion here but i only want to use this opportunity to share the testimony to friends here too. My name is Mrs Lisa am 35 years old i got married at the age of 27 i have only one child and i was living happily .After one year of my marriage my husband behavior became so strange and i don’t really understand what was going on, he packed out of the house to another woman i love him so much that i never dream’s of losing him, i try my possible best to make sure that my husband get back to me but all to no avail, i cry and cry seeking for help, i discussed it with my best friend Allix and she promise to help me.She told me of a man called drayamatagaspirits@gmail.com, she told me he is a very great man and a real man that can be trusted and there is nothing concerning love issues he cannot solve and she told me how he has help countless number of people in restoring their relationship. I was really convince, I quickly contacted his email address at drayamatagaspirits@gmail.com . I explain all my problem to him, he told me that i should not worry that all my problems will be solved immediately. He told me what to do to get my husband back and i did, he said after 3days my husband will come back to me and start begging, and it really happen as he said, i was very surprise, this is so amazing. To God be the glory our relationship is now very tight and we both live happily again. If you having similar problem, Contact him now:drayamatagaspirits@gmail.com
Realspell

Postby deannagregory37 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:03 pm

How do i thank Lord Doctor Zakuza for his help? Lord Doctor Zakuza is a God on earth in human form. My husband left me for another woman and since he left i have been heart broken and was living a painful and sorrowful life. I did all i could to get him back but he refuse and told me to move on because he was tired our relationship and also he has found someone else. I tried to move on without him but because of the love i have for him i couldn't. So, one day my friend came to my house and told me how Lord Doctor Zakuza helped her get her fiance back so immediately contact Lord Doctor Zakuza via email and he told me that he will help me and my husband will come begging me within 24 hours. I did all he told me and to my greatest surprise few hours later my husband came back to me, fall on his knees crying and begging me for my forgiveness which i did. Are you having any problem with your lover or need any kind of help??? Hurry now and contact Lord Doctor Zakuza via E-mail: Doctorzakuzaspelltemple@yahoo.com
deannagregory37

how i got my husband back with the help of dr ozalogbo...

Postby martin marisa » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:32 pm

My name is martin Marisa from Canada, I want to quickly tell the world that there is a real on line spell caster that is powerful and genuine, His name is Dr ozalogbo He helped me recently to reunite my relationship with my husband who left me, When i contacted Dr ozalogbo he cast a love spell for me, and my husband who said he doesn't have anything to do with me again called me and started begging me to come back. he is back now with so much love and care. today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the powers to restore broken relationship back. because i am now happy with my husband. To anyone who is reading this article and needs any help, Dr ozalogbo can also offer any type of help like, Curing of all types of Diseases, Court Cases, Pregnancy Spell, Spiritual protection and lot's more. You can contact him Via his email ozalogboshrine@yahoo.com or ozalogboshrine@gmail.com or call whatsapp him at his cell phone number +2348162562991
martin marisa

Postby martin marisa » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:32 pm

My name is martin Marisa from Canada, I want to quickly tell the world that there is a real on line spell caster that is powerful and genuine, His name is Dr ozalogbo He helped me recently to reunite my relationship with my husband who left me, When i contacted Dr ozalogbo he cast a love spell for me, and my husband who said he doesn't have anything to do with me again called me and started begging me to come back. he is back now with so much love and care. today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the powers to restore broken relationship back. because i am now happy with my husband. To anyone who is reading this article and needs any help, Dr ozalogbo can also offer any type of help like, Curing of all types of Diseases, Court Cases, Pregnancy Spell, Spiritual protection and lot's more. You can contact him Via his email ozalogboshrine@yahoo.com or ozalogboshrine@gmail.com or call whatsapp him at his cell phone number +2348162562991
martin marisa

Postby martin marisa » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:07 am

Attachments
40308478914646.jpg
martin marisa

Return to Dating, Singles & Relationships