What do you eat for breakfast?

Re: What do you eat for breakfast?

Postby blackhatdude » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:34 pm

Like most foreigners I eat some hamburgers.
blackhatdude
Raver
Raver

Postby woyechijing » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:32 pm

What is this? A class in Chinese language and culture? Are you trying to attract business?
woyechijing
SuperStar
SuperStar

Postby krm9999 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:05 am

SunnySunsun wrote:We are trying to introduce something useful for those foreigners who are now in China.
晚安

add a picture of a bacon sandwitch with real white bread and HP sauce and you will be getting a little closer. :D
krm9999
Ranter
Ranter

Postby ramsey » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:38 pm

Plants and animals, usually.
Live simply. Give much. Expect little.
ramsey
SuperStar
SuperStar

Postby theindianguy » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:23 pm

The Dou-Hua (豆花) soup is great... depends on the restaurant I suppose.
theindianguy
LoopKicker
LoopKicker

Postby gino » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:25 am

SunnySunsun wrote:What do you eat for breakfast?
早餐1.jpg

你早餐吃什么?

Are you asking us what we would choose from these so called breakfast items? If so, NONE. Chinese breakfast is where you guys dropped the ball.
Shanghai is the worst of Boston and New York combined then exponentially amplified though getting better at a glacial pace. by UDChE89
gino
SuperStar
SuperStar

Postby theindianguy » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:18 am

SunnySunsun wrote:
theindianguy wrote:The Dou-Hua (豆花) soup is great... depends on the restaurant I suppose.

I want to ask you like sweet 豆花 or salty 豆花?

Salty --- of course, NOT the sweet sh1t.
theindianguy
LoopKicker
LoopKicker

Postby MadViv » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:06 pm

gino wrote:
SunnySunsun wrote:What do you eat for breakfast?
早餐1.jpg

你早餐吃什么?

Are you asking us what we would choose from these so called breakfast items? If so, NONE. Chinese breakfast is where you guys dropped the ball.

yeah, i would agree. what about 煎饼 or 粢飯 or even 茶叶蛋?
MadViv
SuperStar
SuperStar

Postby Ccassy » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:26 am

煎饼果子
Ccassy

Postby blackhatdude » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:51 am

These days I am having baozi and milk and sometimes a Red Bull. I stuff these items in my face out front an All Days or Family Mart. My glasses usually fog while I do this. The baozi gives me the sweats, so I am assuming it has MSG in it.
blackhatdude
Raver
Raver

Postby Zappy2010 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:27 pm

This thread represents a new low.
Zappy2010
Reacher
Reacher

Postby kevinstroney » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:04 pm

Boiled eggs水煮蛋 plus porridge
If in good mood, McMuffin Sausage & Egg
kevinstroney

Postby blackhatdude » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:03 pm

kevinstroney wrote:Boiled eggs水煮蛋 plus porridge
If in good mood, McMuffin Sausage & Egg

McDonald's sausage is simply disgusting. :sick::
blackhatdude
Raver
Raver

Postby UKMark » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:44 pm

Scrambled egg on toast or grab something from a street vendor if in a hurry.
UKMark
Talker
Talker

Postby blackhatdude » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:16 pm

UKMark wrote:Scrambled egg on toast or grab something from a street vendor if in a hurry.

...which I guess would be scrambled egg on oil drum underside? Breakfast of true champions.
blackhatdude
Raver
Raver

Postby UKMark » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:37 pm

Nah, cheat and use a microwave
UKMark
Talker
Talker

Postby MrCH » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:59 pm

Some Amelia's back bacon
A couple of Bad Boy British Bangers
Some black pudding from Franks German Sausage
A tin of Heinz Baked Beans
Some button mushrooms, fresh tomatoes, frozen hash browns, sliced white bread, eggs and some English breakfast tea bags from epermarket/fields/kate and kimi etc
I sometimes like to mix it up a bit with some bubble and squeak and a tin of tomatoes but here you have the makings of a very good proper English breakfast albeit expensive, a pain the a** to source and something you'd probably want to keep to a monthly treat unless you want an early heart attack.

On a side note, i do think Bad Boy Bangers have out-priced themselves for me as i think you can only buy them from his shop now and retail at 60 RMB for a pack of six so i don't keep a regular stock of them. But i do like to keep a few packs of Amelias back bacon for that Sunday morning bacon sarnie, or just nip down to Pie Society who use Amelia's bacon and Bad Boy Bangers in their English breakfast which is quite reasonably priced.

Cereal is just too darn expensive here but porridge is cheap. So i usually just have toast or soak some muesli overnight for quick breakfast before work.

I sometimes do the Chinese thing and get some Bao Zi or You Tiao ect.

I did notice that Horber are doing back bacon now but i've yet to try it.
MrCH
Barker
Barker

Postby UKMark » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:21 pm

MrCH wrote:Some Amelia's back bacon
Some button mushrooms, fresh tomatoes, frozen hash browns, sliced white bread, eggs and some English breakfast tea bags from epermarket/fields/kate and kimi etc
I sometimes like to mix it up a bit with some bubble and squeak and a tin of tomatoes but here you have the makings of a very good proper English breakfast albeit expensive, a pain the a** to source and something you'd probably want to keep to a monthly treat unless you want an early heart attack.

Weekly treat for me and a nice mug of earl grey.

If in a rush on a Sunday, ie up late, sausage, black pudding, bacon, egg and brown sauce in between two slices of bread. Be better if they had square sausage and potato scone from Scotland then all the better.
UKMark
Talker
Talker

Postby blackhatdude » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:46 pm

Had an uncooked Pop Tart right out of the foil this morning with a Red Bull and a smoke.
blackhatdude
Raver
Raver

Postby blackhatdude » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:53 am

Had one of those cast iron dough-with-the-egg things on the street this morning. And a smoke/Mr Coffee combo. My glasses fogged again. I stretched my neck out while I ate to make sure nothing fell on my shirt. I tossed the last bite outside the subway station.
blackhatdude
Raver
Raver

Postby Asylum-seeker » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:25 am

Nothing is like a nice cigarette in the morning :mrgreen:
I hate college hippies I really do!
Asylum-seeker
FooJay
FooJay

Postby Chris_S_UK » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:15 am

UKMark wrote:
MrCH wrote:Some Amelia's back bacon

Weekly treat for me and a nice mug of earl grey.

If in a rush on a Sunday, ie up late, sausage, black pudding, bacon, egg and brown sauce in between two slices of bread. Be better if they had square sausage and potato scone from Scotland then all the better.

Where is the black pudding coming from? I've had a look on Franks website, but can't see it! Thanks.
Chris_S_UK
Reacher
Reacher

Postby MrCH » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:26 pm

I got it directly from his shop. You can we chat him and ask him if he has it

We Chat: Frank Wiese

Or give his shop a call
MrCH
Barker
Barker

Postby roverbjc » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:11 am

MrCH wrote:I got it directly from his shop. You can we chat him and ask him if he has it

Or give his shop a call

Yes but has his his shop re-opened yet? Last time I called, I guess about 3 or 4 weeks ago the new shop had still not opened. Pity cos his black pudding is quite good
roverbjc
Seeker
Seeker

Postby MrCH » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:24 am

roverbjc wrote:
MrCH wrote:I got it directly from his shop. You can we chat him and ask him if he has it

Or give his shop a call

Yes but has his his shop re-opened yet? Last time I called, I guess about 3 or 4 weeks ago the new shop had still not opened. Pity cos his black pudding is quite good

Yes, he re-opened across the street, just next to the Holiday Inn. It's called Cafe Bistro Bar now but i believe he's still doing the Sausage Deli thing. He only opened this week. Sorry, it slipped my mind.
Attachments
image1 (21).JPG
MrCH
Barker
Barker

Postby vincesmith_uk » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:36 am

Until the past 6 months my typical break fast was 1 litre of very strong coffee accompanied by at least 6 smokes and my blood pressure pill.
I am now on the E Cigs, which do work by the way, and now my typical breakfast is Oatmeal with Milk, Honey a Yakult followed by my Garlic pill and Fish Oil capsule and of course still the BP Pill.
Gained 10 kilos :(
Hmmmmm..... Am I Cynical? In Shanghai there are 2 little words meaning No. These are"Yes" and "Maybe".
vincesmith_uk
Rocker
Rocker

Postby blackhatdude » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:40 pm

vincesmith_uk wrote:Until the past 6 months my typical break fast was 1 litre of very strong coffee accompanied by at least 6 smokes and my blood pressure pill.
I am now on the E Cigs, which do work by the way, and now my typical breakfast is Oatmeal with Milk, Honey a Yakult followed by my Garlic pill and Fish Oil capsule and of course still the BP Pill.

Does that much coffee make you dizzy? If I get too much caffeine, I get all mentally foggy and want to throw up.
blackhatdude
Raver
Raver

Postby vincesmith_uk » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:05 am

blackhatdude wrote:
vincesmith_uk wrote:Until the past 6 months my typical break fast was 1 litre of very strong coffee accompanied by at least 6 smokes and my blood pressure pill.

Does that much coffee make you dizzy? If I get too much caffeine, I get all mentally foggy and want to throw up.

Actually more dizzy now. Seems the blood flow is reaching my brain these days lol.
Hmmmmm..... Am I Cynical? In Shanghai there are 2 little words meaning No. These are"Yes" and "Maybe".
vincesmith_uk
Rocker
Rocker

Postby Adrienne » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:30 am

SunnySunsun wrote:We are trying to introduce something useful for those foreigners who are now in China.
晚安

Good On You SunnySunsun!

Probably the cheapest cereal would be those in Carefour as well as oats for porridge and of course there's bread for toast with spreads like peanut butter, honey and jam. These are things you can buy in local Chinese supermarkets. There's eggs, bacon, mushrooms, baked beans and tomatoes for a cooked breakfast too. The imported breakfast cereals are more expensive so only foreigners earning a good income would buy them.

For me, many years ago I found my favourite breakfast cereal from Australia Weet Bix cost 4 times as much as back home so I decided to make my own Muesli and have done so ever since.

You can find at most Chinese wet markets rolled oats, peanuts, walnuts, cashews and almonds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, dried apricots, dates, Chinese dates.

I need to get opened pumpkin seeds, wheat germ and bran at Int’l supermarkets.

Excellent source of protein, fibre and vitamin Bs to get you through the day.

Adrienne
It always seems impossible until it is done
Adrienne
Board Lord
Board Lord

Postby dorianR » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:50 am

I cooking breakfast by my self almost everyday. I baked a fresh piece of bread almost everyday and comes out fantastic! i also make jam by my self.. mu concern is about the fruits that are not bio but wheterver... we are still in china btw
dorianR
Seeker
Seeker

Next

Return to Food & Drink