What type of visa should I get?

What type of visa should I get?

Postby justmight » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:39 pm

I've been offered several positions to teach English in Shanghai. Unfortunately, as I am not a citizen of the US/UK/AUS/NZ/SA, the schools are unable to help me obtain a Z visa. (but want to hire me, as I am still a native speaker)

They have suggested I could come on a tourist visa and go back to Hong Kong to renew it every few months. But, as I am from a Schengen country, google tells me the tourist visa is only valid for two months, with a maximum stay of 30 days on Chinese soil, so this seems like a terrible plan.

Is there any other option for me? Like enrolling in language school and obtaining a student visa? Or am I just going to have to rule out this career path solely based on my nationality?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:08 am

Re: What type of visa should I get?

Postby Risuparta » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:18 pm

If you do it on tourist visa as they have suggested, you would be working in the country illegally and are subject to be fined and deported if caught, and banned from China in future. Any school even offering this option should smell fishy.
Posts: 238
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:44 am

Return to Visa Info

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests
Administration Control Panel