DO NOT buy PING AN health insurance

DO NOT buy PING AN health insurance

Postby kangding1033 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:34 pm

They are a total scam and will do anything to get out of paying what they're supposed to. Every time I got sick, they make up stories to get out of paying and trying to force you to pay instead, even though it's something clearly covered by the policy. They threaten not covering any future problems until you pay them for what they falsely claim if not their responsibility (making up that's it's a pre-existing condition with no evidence etc).

Both last year and recently, they kept insisting that that my problem is a pre-existing condition and that I needed to re-pay them. Reasoning and common sense don't work with them. Mandatory health check results required for a Chinese visa don't matter to them and the fact I had continuous health insurance from a different Chinese health ins company for all the previous years before signing up with Ping An (after switching companies where I work). My record from the previous insurance also shows I didn't have this problem for all the years covered by them and did not seek any treatment relating to the recent health issue. None of this matters to Ping An, they just keep repeating like parrots: this is a pre-existing condition, you are responsible, we will not pay and like that over and over. Enough to drive one crazy. Thankfully I let the company I work with and Chinese friends take over the issue and haggle with them trying to get them to pay for what they're responsible. But I can say the stress of dealing with them is worse than any medical problem I actually do have.

They also aren't cheap at all. The most basic coverage costs around 10,000rmb per year with rather low coverage, and of course doesn't cover any of the better int'l hospitals like Parkway etc.

Not to mention all of the health expenses I incurred over the last couple years with them don't come to even 5% of what I pay them as the cost of policy itself. Basically better to not even buy insurance, save yourselves the money spent on policy because it's useless!
kangding1033

Re: DO NOT buy PING AN health insurance

Postby Adrienne » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:44 am

OMG :!: We used to recommend them as they were one of the FIRST and LARGEST insurance agencies in China.

Thank you very much for the insight.

Contact our Shanghai Expat lawyer and see what he can do. Erex Chen
erexcxl@yahoo.com.cn

All the very best.

Adrienne
It always seems impossible until it is done
Adrienne
Board Lord
Board Lord

Postby Nuhaus » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:58 pm

Thing with using Pingan, you need to clarify with your hospital ahead of time if they will accept it. I've been using the VIP department at Kowloon hospital in Suzhou and they have covered all of my expenses, from doctor's visits to medication. A friend of mine who had a kidney stone a few years ago and needed surgery got a private room and English service all covered. Thankfully my pre existing condition has been covered, as the medication alone would cost about 600$ a month.

Better coverage from a company like Interglobal or Liberty Health will cover "real" international hospitals like Parkway but it also costs 2 to 3 times as much. No wonder that your employer picked Pingan.
Nuhaus
Barker
Barker

Postby Adrienne » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:27 am

Nuhaus wrote:Thing with using Pingan, you need to clarify with your hospital ahead of time if they will accept it. I've been using the VIP department at Kowloon hospital in Suzhou and they have covered all of my expenses, from doctor's visits to medication. A friend of mine who had a kidney stone a few years ago and needed surgery got a private room and English service all covered. Thankfully my pre existing condition has been covered, as the medication alone would cost about 600$ a month.

Better coverage from a company like Interglobal or Liberty Health will cover "real" international hospitals like Parkway but it also costs 2 to 3 times as much. No wonder that your employer picked Pingan.

Great insight Nuhaus. :!: :!:

So, with Ping An, you really need to know what you are getting and not getting. I am guessing there are many expats that get this coverage but wouldn't know the fine details until they are in need!!

SOS! Anyone with Pin An?? Read the terms and conditions very carefully and be forewarned. :!:

Adrienne
It always seems impossible until it is done
Adrienne
Board Lord
Board Lord

Postby shanghai_flava » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:44 pm

Adrienne wrote:So, with Ping An, you really need to know what you are getting and not getting. I am guessing there are many expats that get this coverage but wouldn't know the fine details until they are in need!!

SOS! Anyone with Pin An?? Read the terms and conditions very carefully and be forewarned. :!:

Adrienne

Pingan is a scam, even what they write they do not live up to it. I got them via employer, took my son a check at SEIMC which was listed as designated hospital and the claim got rejected saying that the doctor medical fee is not reimbursable.

How the heck am I supposed to go to a doctor if the medical fee is not even reimbursable???

Not sure how are people recommending this garbage as insurance provider.
shanghai_flava
Rocker
Rocker

Return to Health Care