will you date a shanghainese girl?

will you date a shanghainese girl?

Postby avocadolady » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:05 pm

ok, so I'm initiating this topic for two reasons:
1. I am very curious to know if westerners in shanghai are willing to date a Shanghainese girl (given some bad reputations I see in the forum like princess wannabe)

2 I happened to have two friends (female) who are single and not mind finding foreigner boyfriends as they received couple years education in USA, here I'm gonna list some qualities of them and if anyone is interested in them, I'm happy to introduce.

girl A: 32, outgoing, make good money , easygoing, not very tall, speak fluent English , talkative , doesn't mind how much other makes.would like to find someone who is responsible and has good temper.

girlB: 30, tall, a little shy, don't drink don't smoke and not a fan of clubbing, very family oriented, love children , speak good English, can relocate everywhere. would like to find someone who also value family

well as you can see they are both the so called "left women" (age 30 above) in Chinese culture. But they are all good girls who received good education and have good manners. if you are interested to know them more, please send me a note and I'm open to hear your thoughts and comments
avocadolady

Re: will you date a shanghainese girl?

Postby Moonlighting » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:40 am

After 30, smart educated women should not be waiting for some guy to come find them.

Most men like women who take an interest in them (not stalkers). An educated woman should know what kind of guy would be good for them and who has the same interests. (Don't be fooled by looks!)

If they see a guy that seems interesting, they should introduce themselves and try to make conversation. This will earn a guy's respect.
Moonlighting
SuperStar
SuperStar

Postby gino » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:20 am

avocadolady wrote:ok, so I'm initiating this topic for two reasons:
1. I am very curious to know if westerners in shanghai are willing to date a Shanghainese girl (given some bad reputations I see in the forum like princess wannabe)

2 I happened to have two friends (female) who are single and not mind finding foreigner boyfriends as they received couple years education in USA, here I'm gonna list some qualities of them and if anyone is interested in them, I'm happy to introduce.

girl A: 32, outgoing, make good money , easygoing, not very tall, speak fluent English , talkative , doesn't mind how much other makes.would like to find someone who is responsible and has good temper.

girlB: 30, tall, a little shy, don't drink don't smoke and not a fan of clubbing, very family oriented, love children , speak good English, can relocate everywhere. would like to find someone who also value family

well as you can see they are both the so called "left women" (age 30 above) in Chinese culture. But they are all good girls who received good education and have good manners. if you are interested to know them more, please send me a note and I'm open to hear your thoughts and comments

They cannot use any of the dating sites?
Sounds like they did not really pick up new concepts while they were studying abroad.
Just diligently went to school and came back [Check]

So now its time to get married [......] -ooops, no check here so far-

Are you considering them to be as "Left overs" and/or do they themselves think that way. If yes in any case, than we got our stereotypes [Check]
Shanghai is the worst of Boston and New York combined then exponentially amplified though getting better at a glacial pace. by UDChE89
gino
SuperStar
SuperStar

Postby Zappy2010 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:47 am

Girl A) Average looking dumpy midget with a job and that won't shut up. She is happy to go with the flow as she lacks ideas, but will still voice an opinion as soon as she is comfortable.

Girl B) Boring, unimaginative, flat chested beanpole, completely devoid of a life and all the cognitive ability of a wax candle. Desperate to get married because she believes it will solve her problems and get her family off her back who are pressuring her and making her feel ugly.
Zappy2010
Reacher
Reacher

Postby Moonlighting » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:46 am

Unfortunately, there seems to a be a reason for the stereotypes.

The trick is then, to try to convince someone that they're not stereotypical.
Moonlighting
SuperStar
SuperStar

Postby Zappy2010 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:58 pm

So true and we all fit them in some way shape or form. The OP is definitely classic in this regard. I think the trick is to either reject it and try to change or embrace it.
Zappy2010
Reacher
Reacher

Postby Mel69 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:18 pm

I will date them both preferable at the same time
Stress , Confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living shirtout of some idiot A H who desperately requires it

Friends are like condoms .....they are supposed to protect you when things get hard ....
Mel69
Veejay
Veejay

Postby gino » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:20 pm

Mel69 wrote:I will date them both preferable at the same time

I am sure you would be doing this for your empirical research. :mrgreen:
Last edited by gino on Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shanghai is the worst of Boston and New York combined then exponentially amplified though getting better at a glacial pace. by UDChE89
gino
SuperStar
SuperStar

Postby elmaviki » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:39 pm

not going to workout.
try craigslist, lol.
elmaviki
Lurker
Lurker

Postby Mel69 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:25 pm

hey need to try
Stress , Confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living shirtout of some idiot A H who desperately requires it

Friends are like condoms .....they are supposed to protect you when things get hard ....
Mel69
Veejay
Veejay

Postby avocadolady » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:51 pm

Moonlighting wrote:After 30, smart educated women should not be waiting for some guy to come find them.

Most men like women who take an interest in them (not stalkers). An educated woman should know what kind of guy would be good for them and who has the same interests. (Don't be fooled by looks!)

If they see a guy that seems interesting, they should introduce themselves and try to make conversation. This will earn a guy's respect.

Totally agree with what you said
avocadolady

Postby dorianR » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:10 pm

Perpoles in China seems to be obsess in searching for a partner
dorianR
Seeker
Seeker

Postby Zappy2010 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:03 pm

^ Very profound observation of perpoles.
Zappy2010
Reacher
Reacher

Postby ZaphodB » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:48 am

Mel69 got delayed, he said you could wait for him at my place. Wanna watch DVD?
"Hey Baby! I'm from another planet. Wanna see my spaceship?"
ZaphodB
PopStar
PopStar

Postby Baas_Babelaas » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:38 pm

I did. It was a nightmare - she tried to kill me with a cleaver when I broke it off.

The sex was mind blowing though.

As they say "crazy in the head - crazy in the bed".
Baas_Babelaas
Barker
Barker

Postby lfeagan » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:00 pm

Not sure what is up with the negativity directed at two Shanghainese women that people have not met. I have had a lovely Shanghainese GF for 1 year, though I have been told by everyone who has met her that she is nothing like a typical Shanghai girl. I feel that applying a stereotype to these two women isn't helping answer the OP's question.

Returning to the original topic, I know there are SH women that are not princesses that happen to be older, well-educated, and had simply chosen to focus on their career in their 20s. There is nothing wrong with that as men are often encouraged to do the same--people don't typically give them flack about it--speaking from personal experience here.

Best wishes with helping out your female friends.
lfeagan

Postby Mel69 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:15 pm

hey I had no negativity actually very positive I have tequila to go with the DVD great collection from Disney to great balls of fire

Mel69
Veejay
Veejay

Postby ZaphodB » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:03 am

Soooo beeeeeg
ZaphodB
PopStar
PopStar

Postby ZaphodB » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:05 am

(your DVD collection)
ZaphodB
PopStar
PopStar

Postby Mel69 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:39 pm

the only thing .
chiquito pero jugeton

Mel69
Veejay
Veejay

Postby blackhatdude » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:12 pm

avocadolady wrote:ok, so I'm initiating this topic for two reasons:

blackhatdude
Raver
Raver

Postby flores29 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:12 am

Moonlighting wrote:Unfortunately, there seems to a be a reason for the stereotypes.

The trick is then, to try to convince someone that they're not stereotypical.

Exactly !
flores29
Squeeker
Squeeker

Return to Dating, Singles & Relationships