Ofo like a mofo

Just leave your card details here.

Ofo like a mofo

Postby blackbeautymusic » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:42 pm

Recently I've noticed a lot of them unlocked outside my building, so the next person doesn't have to enter a combination in order to ride off with it. It's like a common courtesy thing that they've got going. If everyone does this, then everyone gets free rides, right?

Given that there's no way for the company to know if you actually locked it after you end your trip, is there actually any other downside?
blackbeautymusic
Squeeker
Squeeker

Re: Ofo like a mofo

Postby Moonlighting » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:47 pm

^Yep, it turns you into a local cheapskate that will do anything to save a kuai.
Moonlighting
SuperStar
SuperStar

Postby blackbeautymusic » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:12 am

Moonlighting wrote:^Yep, it turns you into a local cheapskate that will do anything to save a kuai.

Meh, the way I see it, it's easy to call locals cheapskates when you earn a higher salary than them simply due to the color of your skin. It's no different to calling beneficiaries lazy simply because you were born into circumstances that enabled you to get ahead compared to them being born into dysfunctional families.

When you're a local who earns approximately Y5,000 a month in a professional white collar job and rent is Y3,000, it all adds up very quickly. Meanwhile, us expats drink Starbucks everyday and hire people to do our washing.
blackbeautymusic
Squeeker
Squeeker

Postby Moonlighting » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:05 pm

^One has nothing to do with the other.

When you take something at the expense of another, it not only makes you cheap, but all sorts of other derogatory words, despite what language or color your origin.

Sidenote: I don't care for Starbucks, and I hang my own laundry.
Moonlighting
SuperStar
SuperStar

Postby translator57 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:53 pm

Moonlighting wrote:: I don't care for Starbucks, and I hang my own laundry.

Ditto. Last time I was in Shanghai I felt like I was the only laowei who didn't have an ayi... Can't people clean their own houses? I know it's giving people jobs, but I always felt weird about it.
And Starbucks is just overpriced nastiness in a cup.
translator57
Reacher
Reacher

Postby blackbeautymusic » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:08 am

Moonlighting wrote:When you take something at the expense of another, it not only makes you cheap, but all sorts of other derogatory words, despite what language or color your origin.

The thing about "justice" is that it's never black and white. In fact, origin has a lot to do with everything, if not origin, then you would be implying that some people are just simply arbitrarily and naturally more moral than others.
blackbeautymusic
Squeeker
Squeeker

Postby Moonlighting » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:36 am

blackbeautymusic wrote:
Moonlighting wrote:When you take something at the expense of another, it not only makes you cheap, but all sorts of other derogatory words, despite what language or color your origin.

The thing about "justice" is that it's never black and white. In fact, origin has a lot to do with everything, if not origin, then you would be implying that some people are just simply arbitrarily and naturally more moral than others.

Actually, the opposite was the point I was trying to make.

Despite your origin, color, or upbringing, it is possible for anyone from anywhere to be a clean and decent person. Just because it's there does not mean you have to steal it.
Moonlighting
SuperStar
SuperStar

Return to Scams