Using Chinese phone service in US

Using Chinese phone service in US

Postby seabass » Wed May 17, 2017 2:22 am

So I'm leaving for LA tmr. How do I use my Smartphone while I'm there. My provider is China unicom.
seabass
Reacher
Reacher

Re: Using Chinese phone service in US

Postby newindianguy » Thu May 18, 2017 6:36 pm

seabass wrote:So I'm leaving for LA tmr. How do I use my Smartphone while I'm there. My provider is China unicom.

China Mobile requires at least a 500 rmb balance before they will activate international roaming --- don't know about Unicom.

I don't think roaming will be activated automatically -- better request them before you leave.
newindianguy
Squeeker
Squeeker

Postby MoonOverMiami » Fri May 19, 2017 1:47 pm

Yup, Unicom also require a 500RMB deposit. Go and get it taken care of before you leave.
Charly: "Were you always this stupid or did you take lessons?"
Mitch: "I took lessons."
MoonOverMiami
Low Seater
Low Seater

Postby Mel69 » Fri May 19, 2017 3:27 pm

MoonOverMiami wrote:Yup, Unicom also require a 500RMB deposit. Go and get it taken care of before you leave.

You have to go and activate the international roaming and pay the deposit , still I have a problem in the US no issue in Europe or LATAM or Asia in general but for some reason no one can explain ( China Unicom , ATT or the apple genius) as soon as I get to the US my phone goes on paper weight mode ...........
Stress , Confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living shirtout of some idiot A H who desperately requires it

Friends are like condoms .....they are supposed to protect you when things get hard ....
Mel69
Veejay
Veejay

Postby MoonOverMiami » Fri May 19, 2017 4:46 pm

Mel69 wrote:You have to go and activate the international roaming and pay the deposit , still I have a problem in the US no issue in Europe or LATAM or Asia in general but for some reason no one can explain ( China Unicom , ATT or the apple genius) as soon as I get to the US my phone goes on paper weight mode ...........

Really? Have no problems getting on ATT or T-Mobile in the US. Only problem I have is accessing Google Play and Map. This last time I went to Unicom to change my sim card for my new Galaxy S7 I asked them about it and their response was "Yeah, the American carriers may have issues accessing Google." :shock:
Charly: "Were you always this stupid or did you take lessons?"
Mitch: "I took lessons."
MoonOverMiami
Low Seater
Low Seater

Postby seabass » Tue May 23, 2017 6:45 pm

Ok, so China Unicom said I'd be able to use them abroad with my plan. I was not able to for the whole week I was there. I kind of feel like throwing a brick through their window. Is there something I have to do to activate it before I leave? If so, I wish they'd told me.
seabass
Reacher
Reacher

Postby Mel69 » Wed May 24, 2017 10:56 am

Again Im registered for international use but while it works everywhere in Europe , LATAM and the rest of ASIA ( and Japan is normally a pain ) as soon as I get the USA it goes in paper weight mode and I cant get any answers from Unicom , ATT ( more useless than Unicom ) or Apple geniuses
Stress , Confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living shirtout of some idiot A H who desperately requires it

Friends are like condoms .....they are supposed to protect you when things get hard ....
Mel69
Veejay
Veejay

Postby seabass » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:18 pm

cheers guys
seabass
Reacher
Reacher

Return to Technology and Internet