US passport renewal

US passport renewal

Postby Mel69 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:45 pm

I keep looking in the US consulate website but as usual very vage , Does anyone know what is the fastest turn around for a passport renewal ?
I have two pages left in my passport and have to get a new work permit from Spain , but also have to
travel back to Europe next week :oops:
wondering if anyone knows , and yes I have an appointment with the consulate already but because of the 4th of July , could not anything before Friday morning
Stress , Confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living shirtout of some idiot A H who desperately requires it

Friends are like condoms .....they are supposed to protect you when things get hard ....
Mel69
Veejay
Veejay

Re: US passport renewal

Postby MoonOverMiami » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:19 pm

Geez...did mine like 5 years ago. I think it took about 2 -4 weeks, can't remember for sure. Don't believe they have expedited services overseas, only available inside the US (per ACS website). Even so, expedited in the US will cut the process time from 6-8 weeks to 2-3 weeks.
Charly: "Were you always this stupid or did you take lessons?"
Mitch: "I took lessons."
MoonOverMiami
Low Seater
Low Seater

Re: US passport renewal

Postby Mel69 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:51 am

well not sure how i pulled this off but went yesterday with all the documents and a travel itinerary that shows plane tickets and hotel in Switzerland leaving here next Wednesday ,
Gave ll the forms paid and I was asked to wait ,Next thing they call my name I gave them the sad story of visas , work permits , exit process from China , entry process in Spain ............and keeping the job at the same time ,
Next thing I know they gave my old passport back I have to go to pick up the new one which will be back before I come back but no issue you have 90 days to pick it up :)
Stress , Confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living shirtout of some idiot A H who desperately requires it

Friends are like condoms .....they are supposed to protect you when things get hard ....
Mel69
Veejay
Veejay

Return to ICS Exit-Entry Extra