How long does a foreigners work permit take?

How long does a foreigners work permit take?

Postby Dioda » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:17 pm

Hello,

I'm currently in the process of applying for my Chinese Z Visa. I nearly have all the documents for my employer to apply for the foreigners work permit and everything I have read online suggests 10-15 working days.

However my employer has told me that it will take 2 months to receive the foreigners work permit. I am a bit confused and hoped to be able to move to China sooner than what is currently suggested. I was wondering if anyone can tell me how long they waited for their work permit as is two months standard or longer than normal?
Dioda

Re: How long does a foreigners work permit take?

Postby Mel69 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:05 pm

Z visa is not a work Permit is a 30 day visa then it will take another 30 days once you are in CHina to get your Work permit and residence permit
Stress , Confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living shirtout of some idiot A H who desperately requires it

Friends are like condoms .....they are supposed to protect you when things get hard ....
Mel69
Veejay
Veejay

Postby Dioda » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:11 am

Mel69 wrote:Z visa is not a work Permit is a 30 day visa then it will take another 30 days once you are in CHina to get your Work permit and residence permit

I'm pretty confused at the moment because on the website Visaforchina says I need

"2) Both original and copy of Permit for Foreign Experts Working in China issued by the State Bureau of Foreign Experts;"

to apply for my Z visa and say I do that at the embassy in the United Kingdom.

My employer has also said I will need my permit before applying for my Z visa, but everything I read online states otherwise. If anyone can clear this up about the process needed that would be very helpful.
Dioda

Postby MoonOverMiami » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:55 am

I get confused with all the names and such, though not sure which one your employer said will take 2 months. Maybe the whole process.

But on this board, the Work Permit usually refers to the Alien Employment Permit...what used to be the purple booklet and has now changed to a card where you are categorized under A, B or C...depending on your background, salary, position, etc. I am going through the renewal process for the AEP and its kind of a pain in the butt. I figure for renewal this is going to take me at least 20 working days because my employer had to register for the new system.

If you are referring to the Permit for Foreign Experts Working in China, I don't recall it taking too long but then it was prepared for me prior to my arrival. If your employer said it would take 2 months, you should probably stay on top of it and push for any news. When you go to the Chinese Embassy/Consulate to apply for the visa, please be sure you have all the documents...specially the health check. Had seen some applicants turned away because they failed to bring the health check...and others had forgotten the Foreign Experts document.

Once you get your Z visa, I do believe you have 30 days to come into China and begin your application for the Alien Employment Permit, and after you obtain it you will immediately go to the Exit-Entry Bureau and apply for the Residence Permit. Lots of legwork, and you need to be sure your employer knows about the new system for the Alien Employment Permit. Losing 5 business days for your employers to register with the new system could make things stressful.

Here is the website, for your reference: http://fwp.safea.gov.cn/
Charly: "Were you always this stupid or did you take lessons?"
Mitch: "I took lessons."
MoonOverMiami
Low Seater
Low Seater

Postby Dioda » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:58 pm

MoonOverMiami wrote:I get confused with all the names and such, though not sure which one your employer said will take 2 months. Maybe the whole process.

Yeah all the names are very confusing. Thank you for clearing up some of the confusion haha.
Dioda

Return to Relocation & Moving