Can an employer cancel visa while abroad?

Ask about legal and visa complications here

Can an employer cancel visa while abroad?

Postby DingusKhan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:24 am

Hi - Perhaps I am being a bit paranoid, but I would sleep better with some feedback: currently working on a Z Visa with a work/residence permit.

I am planning on taking a vacation to Cambodia for Spring Festival next month and am just curious if my employer could cancel my work/ residence permit without telling me while I am away. If this were to happen, would I be denied re-entry into China? If this is the case, I am somewhat worried because all of my stuff will remain in my apartment in China and I would be stranded outside the country.

Thanks!
DingusKhan

Re: Can an employer cancel visa while abroad?

Postby Mel69 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:35 pm

Your visa is linked to your contract , so what does the contract says ?
Regardless when your work permit , residence permit is canceled you get a 30 day something visa ( cant remember the name ) with the purpose of you arranging your affairs prior to leave the country
Stress , Confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living shirtout of some idiot A H who desperately requires it

Friends are like condoms .....they are supposed to protect you when things get hard ....
Mel69
Veejay
Veejay

Postby DingusKhan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:48 pm

Thanks for the info. Does the 30 day grace period still apply if I have left the country and trying to come back, though?
DingusKhan

Postby Mel69 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:34 pm

they can not cancel it while you are out , and if you have some much reservations about your employer , it might be good for you to find a new one
Stress , Confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living shirtout of some idiot A H who desperately requires it

Friends are like condoms .....they are supposed to protect you when things get hard ....
Mel69
Veejay
Veejay

Postby DingusKhan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:36 pm

Thanks for your help - I am just very cautious and want all my bases covered
DingusKhan

Return to Legal Issues