Dental Implants

Dental Implants

Postby bigusdickus » Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:43 pm

I'm aware of places such as Shenda, Cidi and Worldlink that offer dental implant procedures but I'd like to hear from people who've undergone the procedure here in Shanghai.
Has anyone had a crown fitted or undergone treatment to have several implants fitted? If so where would you recommend? What about cost per crown or implant?
Does anyone have a recommendation for cosmetic dental work in the city?

I feel I've done quite well over the past 40+ years having had a total of 2 minor fillings and no extractions, however, I'm now in need of extra care unfortunately. My question now is whether or not to have treatment here or in my own country.
bigusdickus
Seeker
Seeker

Postby bigusdickus » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:19 am

Anyone?
bigusdickus
Seeker
Seeker

Postby JD » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:32 am

I was made a crown in Cidi..cost two years ago was less than 3500 rmb altogether (including the preceding root treatment et al). The material for the crown was the best and most expensive available though they had other options too varying from steel to noble metals.

Before selecting Cidi, I talked to my brother who is a dentist back in Europe describing the equipment they are using, suppliers they have and other credentials they presented as well as discussed the price factor. He recommended me to take any dental treatment here as the price is extremely competitive and the materials they use are up to date.

I've been happy with them for the past 3,5 years.
JD
Reacher
Reacher

Postby bigusdickus » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:30 pm

Thank you JD for taking the time to reply, just the kind of info I was looking for.
bigusdickus
Seeker
Seeker

Postby chayinzhe » Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:12 pm

Hi,

A colleague of mine was injured in an accident several months ago which resulted in serious damage to her teeth in general. She had around 15 teeth replaced, implanted, and I believe the cost was around 20,000RMB.

Good luck
chayinzhe
Squeeker
Squeeker

Postby askWorldLink » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:09 pm

The quality of dental services is generally quite high in Shanghai, and varies from place to place, dentist to dentist.

When considering cosmetic dentistry, be sure to ask about the experience and training of your dentist.

Dr. Matthew Tsay is a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry with twelve years experience in both cosmetic and implant dentistry. More information about him and World Link's dental team is at http://www.worldlink-shanghai.com/Denta ... Hygienists.
askWorldLink
Talker
Talker

Postby teanosugar » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:24 pm

Please could someone tall me where to find Cidi as I need to have two crowns replaced. Also, if someone could mention a specific name of someone they reccommend that would be great :)
teanosugar
Talker
Talker

Postby bigusdickus » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:36 pm

teanosugar wrote:Please could someone tall me where to find Cidi as I need to have two crowns replaced. Also, if someone could mention a specific name of someone they reccommend that would be great :)

The address is:

Rm.706-708, #495 Jiangning Rd.
Tel. 021-51154575
dentist@cididental.com
bigusdickus
Seeker
Seeker

Postby teanosugar » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:57 pm

Thank you bigusdickus :)
teanosugar
Talker
Talker

Postby bayloo » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:57 am

Seeker,

I'm speaking from 2 perspectives of experience....I have had 2 implants placed and I also lived in Asia (Hong Kong and Taipei) for 8 years so I know what's out there in terms of dental care. Not knowing your age, health status, dental status, etc., I would suggest going to Hong Kong to get the work done. Go see Stephen Costello (American) as a general dentist who will probably refer you to Univ. of Hong Kong Dental Program for the surgery. Implants are more than cosmetic, they involve surgery. You don't want a novice to place an implant. You should seek out an oral surgeon or periodontist who has experience placing implants.

I also have some familiarity with Shanghai's dental community. Both Worldlink (Matthew Tsay) and United Family (Sherry Mirazfali) are proported to be very good. However, I have heard that they often do send oral surgery patients to Hong Kong or California to have work done. I don't believe there is an experience implant doc in Shanghai as yet.

Good luck.
bayloo

Postby hearties » Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:38 pm

I visit this Singaporean dental surgeon with International Medical & Dental Centre (IMDC). He is trained in oral surgery in Singapore and has been treating patients full-time and giving lectures to dentists in Shanghai for about 2 years. I did my teeth whitening work there and my friend had 8 implants done by him and has been very satisfied with the treatment. If you are looking for a reliable dental surgeon in shanghai, I suggest that you look for Dr Wong at IMDC.

Hope this helps. =)
hearties

Postby Sibehsianhere » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:58 am

hearties wrote:I visit this Singaporean dental surgeon with International Medical & Dental Centre (IMDC). He is trained in oral surgery in Singapore and has been treating patients full-time and giving lectures to dentists in Shanghai for about 2 years. I did my teeth whitening work there and my friend had 8 implants done by him and has been very satisfied with the treatment. If you are looking for a reliable dental surgeon in shanghai, I suggest that you look for Dr Wong at IMDC.

Hope this helps. =)

hi, can i find out how much you paid? thanks!
Sibehsianhere
Talker
Talker

Postby DouglasLim » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:34 pm

Hearties,
I am also interested to know the pricing as well. Am more comfortable to be treated by my own fellow country man.

Sibehsian, I assume u from the same Kiasu hometown as me?
DouglasLim
Squeeker
Squeeker

Postby alvineki » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:25 pm

me also wan d pricing..
alvineki
Seeker
Seeker

Postby fox007 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:19 pm

Anyone can give me a recent price for implants and also a serious dentist where to go ?
fox007
Raver
Raver

Re: Dental Implants

Postby hippy786 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:56 pm

bigusdickus wrote:I'm aware of places such as Shenda, Cidi and Worldlink that offer dental implant procedures but I'd like to hear from people who've undergone the procedure here in Shanghai.
Has anyone had a crown fitted or undergone treatment to have several implants fitted? If so where would you recommend? What about cost per crown or implant?
Does anyone have a recommendation for cosmetic dental work in the city?

I feel I've done quite well over the past 40+ years having had a total of 2 minor fillings and no extractions, however, I'm now in need of extra care unfortunately. My question now is whether or not to have treatment here or in my own country.

One of my friend has met an accident and has damaged her front 4-5 teeth. What is the process to get them implanted and cost involved in it. Please help.
hippy786

Return to Health Care