Pregnancy Clothes / Maternity Wear

Pregnancy Clothes / Maternity Wear

Postby monicaromanski » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:29 pm

I've just recently arrived in Shanghai and am looking for maternity clothes. Any suggestions besides the ones on Changle? I would really prefer to have something more fashionable and stylish...

And know where I can get that belt for extension to pants? belly belt?
monicaromanski

Postby Sambo » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:39 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Welcome to Shanghai. May i suggest a return ticket back to whence you came? The words stylish, maternity and China are never to be uttered in the same sentence. Unless prison apron chic is your bag. My other half recently went back to civilisation and i would not let him back in the country until he purchased proper maternity clothes for me. There's been quite a few posts on this in the past - you can search to see - but the ony remotely stylish thing i've seen (thanks Bella Bella) is http://www.berrybelly.com/about_en.htm I'm gonna try ordering but i doubt they'll fit - sizing is a real problem if you're bigger than U.S 6.

Best bet is to go to the fabric market and get them to make stuff up for you. 399 Lu Jia Bang Lu
Sambo
Seeker
Seeker

Postby monicaromanski » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:16 pm

Hi Sambo - I went onto the www.berrybelly.com site...and I think their stuff is great! I think I will go visit them...and luckily they have the belly belt! Awesome...thank you SO much!!!

Funny you mentioned the fabric market. I was there and it made me so depressed to subject myself in such crazy environment during my pregnancy...:) I was outta there in five minutes...sorry for sounding like a spoiled brat. THANK YOU!!!
monicaromanski

Postby aimecolette » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:57 pm

I checked out the price on berrybelly.com and their buttoms are double the price as the maternity stores on Changle Rd. I bought the same type of denim buttom and it costs less than 200RMB (the ones I bought are exports to Japan and very nicely made).
aimecolette
Lurker
Lurker

Postby monicaromanski2 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:46 pm

I went to berrybelly's home store, and I must say the service was impeccable. The owner also gave me a discount in the end...so it wasn't bad at all compared to US prices. And I found some summer tanks that were just so cute!!! Well worth the extra dollars as I really couldn't find anything I liked on Changle, so I must congratulate you on a job well done!
monicaromanski2

Re: Pregnancy Clothes / Maternity Wear

Postby Shanghai Collected » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:57 pm

Here are a few interesting online options:
http://shanghaicollected.typepad.com/my ... -wear.html
Shanghai Collected

Postby DCotton » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:27 pm

The selections not huge but H&M on Huai Hai Lu offers your staple maternity wardrobe... jeans, t.shirts/tops and even a few gym/workout bits. Used to do some underwear too but since the makeover in Jan, there hasn't been any.
I was at Mothercare (on Huai Hai Lu) on Sunday and they had a big sale. Not exactly in the store, but if you went out into the shopping mall on the ground floor - they had a big area with stuff being sold at 50% off or more. I stocked up on some nursing bras, pjs etc. Annoying having to shift through the racks looking for your size, but so worth it when you think how much you pay at full price!!
DCotton

Postby mhcloset » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:48 pm

What better way to embrace summer but to add a little splash of vibrant color to your Summer Maternity wardrobe! Being pregnant does not mean you have to sacrifice your style; freshen up that baby bump with colorful skinny jeans and I promise a couple of Hott Mama new looks will be born this summer! Trust me, color is a huge trend this year namely turquoise tangerine, coral ( my all time favorite), mint green, and light blue. However, the biggest color trend in popping colorful skinny jeans. here everywhere are should be in your maternity wardrobe! If you've been hesitant on the bold plunge check out Motherhood Closet - Maternity Consignment where you can pick up a pair of designer color popping maternity skinny jeans for under $30!
mhcloset

Postby boywonder » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:39 am

Yeah, H&M is as good as it gets, forget about Changle lu unless you like dreadful overpriced pyjamas with mickey mouse prints....

Also, I believe mothercare do deliver internationally if you don't fancy paying shanghai mothercare prices!
boywonder
Reacher
Reacher

Postby Natalie1993 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:33 am

Try this article about stylish maternity clothes. The site also has links where to buy this stuff.
Natalie1993

Postby madhurivats » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:30 am

monicaromanski wrote:I've just recently arrived in Shanghai and am looking for maternity clothes. Any suggestions besides the ones on Changle? I would really prefer to have something more fashionable and stylish...

And know where I can get that belt for extension to pants? belly belt?

I was also looking for some maternity clothes when I was pregnant but when I searching for maternity clothes suddenly I look this pregnancy pillows which really help me during my pregnancy. So I suggest you must buy these types of pillow with your clothes.
madhurivats

Postby Polina22 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:18 pm

Hi all. I would like to know about bicornuate uterus, what do you say?
Polina22
Lurker
Lurker

Return to Pregnancy